AVIC411.com

Custom Backgrounds Z1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a couple more backgrounds in the gallery. I'll continue to add more as I find images I like so check back every now and then. Let me know what you think. Some images I can change the colors slightly on. Let me know if you'd like one a little custom for your color theme. My truck is dark on the inside, so I like the darker themes...

feel like centering an audi logo in the 2nd and 3rd from bottom left on page 2? issa appreciates it.

Ok, I got ahold of some logos. Slapping them onto the backgrounds should be a snap. Now, would you mind looking at the file names in my gallery and telling me exactly which ones you want modded?

Ducatiboy, I have a few more logos that you didn't have in that photoshop project that you had on your site. If you would like them, I can zip and send them for you. They're nothing really special... just some extra ones I noticed you didn't have is all.

Ok, I found some logos. Again. I didn't make these... I just found them here and there. They are easy enough to slap on the backgrounds though... also, I've found a nice little blending tool that adds an intersting effect if you like the abstract thing.

post-5158-12872752286059_thumb.jpg

Well crap, got the truck/Z1 back and decided I needed to play. so, I burned my images I have been working on according to the very vague instructions in the manual and it didn't read the files. WTF. Ok, I realize there is a certain format it likes, and a certain minimum file structure and size.

Has anyone worked out a step by step how to for making these discs yet? YEs, I searched for Image disc background images. I got lots of psts and some eluded to how to's... most by Dutatiboy....

If anyone has mastered this, please pm me. I have no interest in making coaster after coaster.

Also, has anyone been able to use a DVDRW? I only ask because after my coaster I just made... I only have DVD-r and DVD-rw left to play with unless I go to staples or best buy.

I just use standard CD-R. I put the jpgs into a folder called "Pictures" and create a dummy folder, called "dummy", and fill it with about 100 Mb of junk (as per manual). I think you have to make sure that there are no mp3s in any of your folders.

I create my jpgs with Paint Shop Pro 9, and burn them with nero 6.3

I think I read somewhere that this will NOT work with DVD-anythings. Buy a couple of CD-RWs. It should work with that (it works for audio CDs anyway) and you can just keep re-using it.

Hope that helps.

I just use standard CD-R. I put the jpgs into a folder called "Pictures" and create a dummy folder, called "dummy", and fill it with about 100 Mb of junk (as per manual). I think you have to make sure that there are no mp3s in any of your folders.

I create my jpgs with Paint Shop Pro 9, and burn them with nero 6.3

I think I read somewhere that this will NOT work with DVD-anythings. Buy a couple of CD-RWs. It should work with that (it works for audio CDs anyway) and you can just keep re-using it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I need to stop being lazy. I'll go get some CD-RWs. You know... I didn't think of calling the "Dummy Files" actual Dummy Files (in a folder). I just assumed that it needed to be a separate folder from the pictures folder. And here I am insulting the Writers of the AVIC Z1 Owners Manual. My apologies!

Got off my butt and bought the discs. Everything is working fine now.

I started making some random images with a couple different logos in it based off of the number of views I have been getting in my photo section. I found that I couldn't load them. I guess there's limits on the amount of storage members are allotted. No biggy. If you want one customized, just send me an email.