AVIC411.com

You may think so. But I love it, because it has become extremely easy for me to update the channel guide and add any new channel logos needed as XM changes it's channel lineup. If it were hardcoded into the system, we would be stuck with original logos, and when XM changes its lineup, you wouldnt have any new channel logos at all.

You may think so. But I love it, because it has become extremely easy for me to update the channel guide and add any new channel logos needed as XM changes it's channel lineup. If it were hardcoded into the system, we would be stuck with original logos, and when XM changes its lineup, you wouldnt have any new channel logos at all.

I may think what? :?:

The graphics for the D3 (background, startup screen, etc) are very easily changeable.

You can think whatever you want. That's what your brain is for.

Wow, brilliant. :roll: I didn't comment, I asked a question on why it was on the Nav DVD instead of the unit.

He's talking about being able to change the actual xm logos when the channel lineup changes.

Thats correct...and what does it have to do with navigation. Nothing. Should have been on the unit, easier to change.

You can think whatever you want. That's what your brain is for.

Wow, brilliant. :roll: I didn't comment, I asked a question on why it was on the Nav DVD instead of the unit.

Actually You said "I may think what? :?: " I was trying to be funny. So much for the joke I guess.

He's talking about being able to change the actual xm logos when the channel lineup changes.

Thats correct...and what does it have to do with navigation. Nothing. Should have been on the unit, easier to change.

6 of one, half a dozen of another

You can

Actually You said "I may think what? :?: " I was trying to be funny. So much for the joke I guess.

Fair enough, a smiley goes a long way. :lol:

6 of one, half a dozen of another

I disagree, with the logos/graphics stored on the unit they would be available all the time, not just when the DVD is in the player.

You have to look at the memory requirements though. Pioneer was trying to keep the cost of the d3 down as much as possible so it only made sense to them to have that stored on the dvd, since in their eyes that info should not need to be changed.