AVIC411.com

Not retaining postal codes

Hey,

I found a glitch in the S1...it does not retain a postal code (that's what we call a ZIP code here in Canada) and it is causing me a problem as there are 4 streets within my city that all have a similar name to the one I live on...

So, if I put my address in as a regular destination each time I want to get to it and choose the correct one out of the 4 listed I am good to go and it will take me to my house...however, if I set it up as my go home address or choose it from destination history it will automatically pick the first one that comes up in the list of 4 and route me to that one which is 15 miles away and obviously in a differetn postal code...

A similar issue came up when I tried to route to my dad's house..he lives in a rural are outside a small town...the townline runs down the middle of his road and there is a house across the street that has the same address number on the same street and the same postal code, but with a different town name...somehow it did the same thing and ended up picking the other house which is literally only 100 feet away...

I would hate to be using this in Atlanta trying to find somethign on Peachtree!

I called Pioneer about it and the guy told me to call NAVTEC as it was a mapping issue and not a Pioneer issue...I then explained to him how it was a Pioneer software problem and not a mapping issue as the maps were correct for the areas they were mapping me to, but the Pioneer software was not retaining the proper information and was basically making selections on it's own. I had him grab an S1 and go through the process of setting up my house as the GO HOME address then tryign to route to it using the GO HOME button...he did this and replied with that's interesting and we'll get back to you...over a month later I still haven't heard anything...

Anybody else experience this or know how to rectify it...for now I just program each destination every time I want to go to it...

thanks.