AVIC411.com

Just for you Misfit New Pic on page 3.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're funny. appearantly one of the guys used up all the abs and didn't tell me when I put in our parts order. So I don't have any to cut up to fill the gaps until I get around to aquiring some from the guys I used to work with. Another good reason not to burn bridges when leaving a job.

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone threw up on my dash

Started to work on it again, but of course, after the epoxy set my sander crapped out..... Just my luck the same thing happened to my dremel when I first went to cut the thing 6 months ago. at any rate here's what it looks like now.

post-157-12872752341023_thumb.jpg

So I ripped apart my sander and rigged it to one of my drills since I couldn't stand the black puke all over my dash. Special thanks to my drill for not crapping out after running for almost 15 minutes straight.

post-157-12872752374167_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished product.
It'll take about 4 years. H'e already had the D2 for a while ;)

LUNARFX

Bondo doesn't stick to plastic very well at all. It would crack and break off if I tried to used it on this. I learned that the fist time I made one of these dashes. The benefit of using the plastic epoxy and smalll pieces of abs is that the piece is still very flexible, so it's less likely to break.

Paisan

Yeah, it's a D1 thank you. Oh wait that just proves how long it's REALLY been since I started this project. DOH!

• 2 weeks later...