AVIC411.com

My D1 has been acting up recently and some of the parts of the touch screen are no longer...well touchable... Parts of the screen seem to have no response on some screens, but work fine on other screens.

I'm thinking maybe I just need to reset it? Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

Also, if I do have to reset it, could someone please tell me how.

Thanks

Kai

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Your touch screen is malfunctioning. Same thing happened to mine and after a while almost all the touch functions go out of business, and that happens because of the heat or sun rays (according to the manual). Send yours ASAP if it's still under warranty, it costs $200 flat fee for them to change the LCD screen (including labor and shipping).

You can send it to Columbus, OH or Long Beach, CA. The address to get it fixed in Ohio is:

Pioneer Electronics

Attn: Repair

2161 Dividend Drive

Columbus, OH 93228

Include your address, phone number, model, serial number and what's wrong with your unit. Call the Pioneer Product Support line is (800)421-1404 to double check my info if you want. Service is very quick i got mine 4 days after they received it.

I don't think reseting the system will help as your screen is out of calibration but "Press and hold the AV and INFO buttons at the same time AS you reset the unit" according to kerrys914 on another post.

OFF NOTE: if you send your unit and they find nothing wrong, they will charge you $70 fee (it said that on my receipt)

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...