AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 with no sound

I have been using my AVIC D3 for about two weeks. Today the unit went silent right in the middle of a song playing on the iPod. Everything else continued to function with the AVIC, but no sound came out. I am using the built-in amps in the AVIC so there is nothing between the AVIC and the speakers.

I tried resetting the unit, both with the power on and off but neither reset had any effect.

So I pulled it out of the dash to inspect everything. Nothing looked unusual, but for good measure I unplugged the connectors and reinserted them and now everything is fine.

Any ideas what is going on?

Year/make/model of the vehicle would be helpful, any other aftermarket equipment in the vehicle at all? 90% of the time when something like your describing happens it either a blown speaker, a speaker terminal shorting against the car, or a wire in the harness shorting.

Year/make/model of the vehicle would be helpful, any other aftermarket equipment in the vehicle at all? 90% of the time when something like your describing happens it either a blown speaker, a speaker terminal shorting against the car, or a wire in the harness shorting.

The car is a 2006 Corvette Coupe. I installed the AVIC-D3 with the bypass, bluetooth adapter, iPod cable, rear view camera, and PAC C2R-GM24 for chimes and RAP. In the installation, I removed the stock amp so the AVIC amp goes to the speakers. All of the connections were soldered and shrink wrapped, except for the splice taps and the connections using the spade lug connections in the Avic harness.

Everything worked great for a few weeks. The audio cut out while the vehicle was stationary and a song from the iPod was playing. Then there was no audio from any AV source and no audio from command beeps.

Resetting the unit did not help, so a short somewhere might explain it. But it was all the audio, not just one speaker or channel.

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to me. My D3 has been installed for about 2 months without any issues. Saturday i turned on my car and there was no sound. All other functions were working fine, then i start driving and 30 seconds later sound came back. So i thought it was no big deal. Today, i am driving and listening to the radio and all of a sudden sound cuts out. This time it does not come back on. All functions still working fine, just no sound. What can I do? Have any of you fixed or found a reason why this is happening?

Thanks.