AVIC411.com

dont pay for the work, its easily done yourself. quote]

Now that depends with the individual's comfort level. If you're comfortable opening up your xbox for the first time, risking breaking the locking tabs, and risking flashing your firmware incorrectly, killing the system, then by all means. For first time users this could take a couple hours ontop of the added hours to research the steps.

Secondly, you need the right SATA hardware to flash.

For me at least it's just much easier letting a pro at it. Similar to some folks rather having their nav installed by a pro, rather than experimenting themselves.

I didnt want to get into it like that itchy, but ok. What i am referring to is the sort of a shady practice of people profiting off of what amounts to illegal works. Now, I am not saying you or your friend do that, I just find it disgusting when people do things like sell pirated bootleg copies of movies for damn near retail. This relates because people are ripping others off for $50 or whatever to mod a system that costs nothing to mod. Its very much like the ol map disks, you jump on ebay and see em for like $75, thats insane.

Then theres the factor that no one knows me or you, let alone your friend. This isnt a burn towards you or your friend, its merely the fact that I personally am not comfortable with it. I have seen things go wrong so fast too often to let even a half hearted offer go by without suggesting reserve.

So before this gets ugly, lets agree to disagree, and keep this Off Topic thread on topic, lol (<--- that was a pun directed at myself, lol)

Thanks

I agree to some of your points, but I'm purely basing my logic on time vs $$.

People's time is of value.

You're an installer I think. You don't give away that service do you? I'd rather pay someone to do this than waste a sat afternoon trying to figure it out.