AVIC411.com

1 dvc 2 ohm and 1 dvc 4 ohm sub

i plann on putting the speakers in a dual downfire box with there own airspace of course. what do yall think of wiring each speaker in series than running them in paallel them together. i think if my math is correct it would be a 2.5 ohm load pulled by the speakers.

• 3 months later...

**EDIT** Just realized how old this post is. I need to start reading the dates.

Series the dual 2ohm for a 4 ohm load, and the parallel all down to a 1.33ohm load, given you have an amp that can run that. You'll be fine. I've mixed different impediance coils before. Given that they are the exact same brand/model, just different VC impediance, you'll be alright. If you want to get down to the technical nitty gritty, you shouldn't do it, however, I know I have without any ill effects. Ever woofer is different, so it will come down to a trial and error to see how it sounds. With some woofers, one will play harder than the other, or one may have a slight time delay. Won't know until you try though. And if they are the same type of woofer, a common chamber enclosure will do fine. If you go for 1 amp per woofer, definately seperate the two to maximize efficiency.