AVIC411.com

XM Hardware: Terk vs. Pioneer tuner??

I am switching from a Kenwood DDX-7015 to the AVIC-D3. With my Kenwood I used the Terk XM tuner (XMD1000) with a Kenwood adaptor.

My question is if I used the Terk XM tuner and get the Terk Pioneer adaptor (XMDPIO110), will I still have all of the same functionality as if I were to just have the Pioneer XM Tuner (GEX-P920XM)?

I have read that with some Pioneer models not all functionality is supported (like not being able to store presets).

The Terk is definitely a better option in terms of pricing (and I already have the antenna installed and mounted in my truck), but I want to make sure I get full functionality.

Thanks guys!

I just talked to a Crutchfield customer service rep and he confirmed that the Terk Pioneer adaptor is compatible with the D3, and it will provide the same functionality as the Pioneer XM Tuner. He got this information from an updated compatibility chart from Terk.

I have it on the D2 because i also use it in my other car with an alpine. It will work fine but presets will not work and your display is limited to one part of the XM data at a time. There is no graphic display. You can direct tune by using the number buttons on the screen but i barely ever use it anymore because it sucks.

Just goes to show how much of garbage terk is. I understand there used to be a cost savings factor for people getting the terk tuner, but now that crutchfield has the GEX-P20XM for $49, better to get technology that was made by Pioneer to integrate perfectly.