AVIC411.com

need information on Ipod and Z1

sorry i posted this in hacks but i thought it would be better in the general

This is my first post, but I've been a long time reader on here. I've always looked for answers before I asked them, and found what I've needed. This time I cant find an answer

I have a couple questions about the ipod being used with the Z1 head unit.

1. Is their a way of watching videos off ipod? even if it means you can't drive while watching.

2. when you hit the "go back" (back folder) is their a way that you don't have to start from the beginning?

3. can you enter a song number so you don't have to scroll through all the songs before finding it?

4. can you copy songs from you ipod onto the hard drive? so you can store it in the library.

thanks for all the help

1. Connect the RCA input from the rear of the Z1 to the iPod Video. There are specific cables to give RCA outs from your iPod. Here is a guide to doing it cheaply, rather than Apple's overpriced version (link). So you just connect all that stuff and play! You'll have to tell your Z1 to look at the Video In (change your source until you see some movies).

2-3. ...

4. No.

Thanks for the help with viewing the video, I'll try it this weekend

Its just such a drag having to go all the way back to the beginning of the menu, and especially when you have an 80 gig ipod. What makes it worst is even if you have the same artist but for some reason the name is spelled different, you have to scroll through all of those different names before you past it. And to make it even worst, if you are looking for that artist and you want to hear a certain song, but its in the wrong folder, you have to go back and start all the way from the beginning