AVIC411.com
VBLUE42

D3 Ipod noise workarounds.

Thanks to a couple of other fourm members here there are a few workarounds to solve this problom.

1. Turn ipod backlight to ALWAYS ON. On the ipod, go to SETTINGS, BACKLIGHT, turn to ALWAYS ON.

OR

2. Turn ipod chaging on the D3 to OFF. On the D3, under the ipod menu, hit FUNCTION, then turn charge ipod OFF.

You can also turn the SLA(source level adjuster) on the ipod source all the way down to -4.

All of these tips seem to help wth the problom.

Props go to Kingof3rdinput and aja656 for discovering these workarounds.

Please sticky this thread. :D

but if your not charging the ipod and the backlight is always on your ipod isnt going to last very long before it dies

but if your not charging the ipod and the backlight is always on your ipod isnt going to last very long before it dies

Yea, turning the backlight all the way down will improve this problem a bit.

A side affect has arissen with turning charging off. The ipod will shut off after a period of time and the only way to "wake it" with the D3 is to turn charging on untill it responds again.

I started experiencing this noise problem when i started using the EQ on the ipod. I turn the EQ settings off and the problem went away

Has any one tried using the ferrite beads that came with the older avic's around the iPod cable? Cntry, I know you have some of these.

Ferrite beads, like the ones you see on USB and computer monitor cables occasionally. They snap around the cable and are designed to remove noise in the data lines, so they may help.

Aren't those the things that come on the portable xm power supplies? If that's the case, the only ones I have are bits and pieces of them from throwing them at the other installers. Especially my boss.