AVIC411.com

D3 Ipod noise workarounds.

Well i have a friend whose an electrical engineering student at my college and he said he pulled the newer iPod touch apart and an iPod classic and the way they're wired vs some of the older is far different and most likly the cause of the noise. Newer touches and others have integrated circuits that overlap the dock circuit and therefore can cause static due to overlapping electromagnetism. The old ipods had the circuits seperated father away and have different resistors which probably helps reduce noise.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have a friend whose an electrical engineering student at my college and he said he pulled the newer iPod touch apart and an iPod classic and the way they're wired vs some of the older is far different and most likly the cause of the noise. Newer touches and others have integrated circuits that overlap the dock circuit and therefore can cause static due to overlapping electromagnetism. The old ipods had the circuits seperated father away and have different resistors which probably helps reduce noise.

Im betting that most people that are having this problem are using 5G etc ipods. (since most people seem to be steering away from the newer ipods due to compatibility issues etc)

My ipod classic has never had a problem with any noise. I would bet that the reason that turning off the charge function fixes the problem is probably due to current going into the ipod from the alternator. An old school GL Isolator (like you used to have to use to get the noise out of your old tapedeck/stereo) would probably do the trick.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2007 at 3:31 PM, wobbit45 said:

I am confused on what noise were actually talking about. I know with my D3 and Ipod dealy, i get some distortion on certain songs, but i think that's because of the bitrate the song is on, because other songs dont do that.

it may be also of the level of the recording the mp3,wma,cda,etc. was recorded at the level that is a lot people don't understand and jack up the level a bit much and that will clip the preamp signal every time there for its always good to make sure its all flat when your making the recording you can always pre record and set your setting accordingly so your signal is not clip when your volume is on 23 when your HU is able to go to 45,50, etc. 

hope this helps some what can yall by the way look at mine and answer any one I got f900bt face and can it work on my x920bt. I got them dam zebra stripes then a black screen and the unit is like locked you can eject a the cd/ dvd  but nothing else. please look for my post guys thanks.

GOD BLESS

Codmyster