D3 Ipod noise workarounds.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 Phlame217

Phlame217

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Well i have a friend whose an electrical engineering student at my college and he said he pulled the newer iPod touch apart and an iPod classic and the way they're wired vs some of the older is far different and most likly the cause of the noise. Newer touches and others have integrated circuits that overlap the dock circuit and therefore can cause static due to overlapping electromagnetism. The old ipods had the circuits seperated father away and have different resistors which probably helps reduce noise.

#47 Flipper

Flipper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

Well i have a friend whose an electrical engineering student at my college and he said he pulled the newer iPod touch apart and an iPod classic and the way they're wired vs some of the older is far different and most likly the cause of the noise. Newer touches and others have integrated circuits that overlap the dock circuit and therefore can cause static due to overlapping electromagnetism. The old ipods had the circuits seperated father away and have different resistors which probably helps reduce noise.

Im betting that most people that are having this problem are using 5G etc ipods. (since most people seem to be steering away from the newer ipods due to compatibility issues etc)

My ipod classic has never had a problem with any noise. I would bet that the reason that turning off the charge function fixes the problem is probably due to current going into the ipod from the alternator. An old school GL Isolator (like you used to have to use to get the noise out of your old tapedeck/stereo) would probably do the trick.

#48 jimmy 2 times

jimmy 2 times

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

The new pioneer decks, and the Fseries decks have a ferrite on the usb portion of the deck.

And both of my d3's, I put a ferrite on the cord and I don't have the noise.

#49 Ashhong

Ashhong

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

has anybody else had success with a ferrite? does it matter where on the cord you put the ferrite?

#50 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

A ferrite bead never really solved my noise problem.

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

#51 Ashhong

Ashhong

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:41 AM

well that sucks. i guess ill have to turn on the light..what a shame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users