AVIC411.com

"Please Insert Appropriate Disc"

Hi, I'm new on here. I just installed my AVIC-D3 but I keep getting this error message "Please Insert Appropriate Disc". When I insert the navigation disc, I keep getting this message over and over again, like it's in a infinite loop. I have to wait 24 hours for the memory to be wiped out in order for it to boot up properly again but as soon as I start the engine, this message comes up again, then I have to wait another 24 hours. Note: I haven't taken it out of the garage yet so it'll find a GPS signal, could this be it. Please HELP! Thanks so much for all your time.

Has anybody else had this problem?

i've had the same problem with mine. the shop i bought it from seems to think it could have something to do with it being bypassed. the weird thing is it worked fine up until about two months ago. it started doing it every once in a while, but is happening more often now.

i think it might have something to do with the gps. i noticed once, before i turned the truck off, that it didn't know what time it was, then when i started it back up i got the insert appropriate disk error.

• 5 months later...

Same problem I'm having...still going after the seller to get a replacement. If that doesn't work I will have to send it in. I heard that by going into the service menu there were some options that may help but I can't seem to get the service menu to come up on mine.

Someone hopefully has an idea for us....

Hell I'll pay for a fix... The damn thing is a paperweight right now. I hate paying pioneer 200 bucks for a repair when I used this damn thing for less than 12 minutes before this happened

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its gps antenna, its not getting a good enough signal. What you have to do is before you turn on your car put your hand on the end of the gps antenna "on the magnetic box thing" its been working every time when i get that issue.. And yes you can also just unplugg your gps antenna but i like useing my gps :-):wink: