AVIC411.com

Ipod instead of DVD Changer for music storage ? For N1 ?

Hi,

My original plan was to buy the 6disk DVD changer and use for music source and just leave NAV DVD in the headunit. Now - I think buying 80GB Ipod for 300$ is a better solution. But I have AVIC-N1 unit - which doesn't have the great Ipod integration.

I don't own an Ipod or Pioneer Ipod interface currently. But i do have a huge Mp3 collection (around 80GB) which I use in my home automation system and my other car (Audi with Phatbox)

I usually pick a gender, set it to random and use next track button if i don't like the song. Will I be able to do it with AVIC-N1 or should I upgrade to N3 brain ?

• 5 months later...

have you found a solution to your problem? I'm in the same situation. I want to be able to play MP3's on my AVIC-N1 without having to take the Nav DVD out. I would prefer to have the controls on the N1, but the ipod interface sounds like the biggest pile of crap. So i'm torn.

My other option is to install a HDD Media Player so that I can play anything (MP3, AVI, MPG, etc). But my concern is how the software functions...i cant preview it since it's a unit from China.

Has anyone come up with any good solutions with our AVIC units?

• 8 months later...