AVIC411.com

direction arrow showing backward

the arrow on my screen is showing as if i'm going backward. all the direction that it gives me is wrong, as the system think i'm going backward and tell me to do this, but i'm going forward. So i will never arrive to the street that tells me to turn right or whatever.

I did not plug my reverse wire. is that really necessary ?
I get that same problem. My arrow is usually pointing straight up instead of the direction of the way i am traveling. Is there any way to set up the nav to have the map move so its poitning the way you are traveling kind of like every other nav unit does.
Since a local shop did my install I cant speak 100% in actual terms ... but I know that my antenna is situated where the cable exists the black square towards the front of the vehicle, could that be an issue?

Secondly... when on the map screen, if you "click" (press the screen) in the lower-right corners where the compass icon is (the diamond with the red tip) it will swap views ... click it once and NORTH is always UP .. click it again and no matter which way NORTH is, up is always the way you are heading. That might be a solution/issue too... g'luck!
i tried that little arrow button on the bottom of the screen and all that does for me is point the arrow north or south, i cant get it to point the way you are traveling. My little reciever thing is in the middle of my dash right at the bottom of the windshield and the wire is coming out of it towards the nose of the car. Any ideas?
[quote name="Shaka"]Hmmm ... nahh it should work. The only thing I can think of is that you are not getting all the satellite reception necessary to determine your direction or something. Time to call Pioneer maybe ... wish i could help more, sorry.[/quote]

thanks for your help. ill give my local shop a call and see what they say.
Just wondering, did you guys hook up the reverse wire? maybe that is the problem. I did not plug mine.

the diamond icon only show north and south, but my arrow is not showing the direction that i'm going, but it shows like im going backward.

Shaka, have you try to search for a destination? When i did, it will tell me example: turn right next 100m , but since i'm going backward, the more i go, the more i'm away from that 100m, then it will say, turn right next 200m, next 300m etc...

my problem, is that the system think i'm going backward.

let me know if you find out anything from pioneer.
Ok, i got in a big traffic jam yesterday so i had time to mess around with my nav. This is what you need to do. Zoom in as close as possible, then go to the setting that lets you adjust current location, cant remember what section it is in, not hard to find though. Then first select the position should all ready be in the right position, then hit OK, then you can adjust what direction the arrow is pointing and presto, your arrow should be pointing the right way now.
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm having this exact same problem and its driving me crazy! It fixed itself temporarily the other day, but now its back to the same old crap. I can't seem to figure how to modify the current location. When I touch the area that marks my current position, it brings up that menu with the street name and then click modify location, then ok, but there's no option to re-orient the direction arrow.

I'm thinking that maybe I'm in the wrong part of the menu? Is there a menu buried somewhere that allows the change of the current position?

Can someone clarify?? Thanks!
i did exactly what jay did and it worked.

i think it was on the route option tab, or the settings tab.

then you will find modify current location.

just click on it, and then zoom in, then just click ok
and it should show 2 arrow, then you just click on 1 of them to move the your pointing arrow.

that's it, no need to click on the area that marks your location