AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 staticky, low volume on cd and library modes

Works in AM/FM and Ipod but not the others? You sure ipod works?

My first guess cause a lot of people have this issue is that you have amps in the car and they are not being turned on due to the fact they were hooked to the power antenna and not the amp turn on signal. This usually manifests itself as no sound at all, but it's possible with no power the amp just sounds like crap and there is no amplification. Go into the sound AV settings then system settings and and look for auto antenna and it should be settable to all the time or just radio, switch it to all the time and see if everything else works better. But Ipod should not work if I'm right, but maybe it doesn't work as well as you think. This is a long shot but it's super easy to test and is a very common problem.

No, I'm almost positive it just had the base system in it. The dealer installed the Z1 before my parents took delivery of it. I sold the factory head unit for them on eBay a while back, and it didn't have anything that said JBL on it, and neither do the speaker grilles.

• 3 weeks later...

just tried the ant thing and still static sound on cd's and library..... and still no sound on dvd... also i re checked my speed puls connection and it it good and it still says nok... another thing is in the connection status page is shows my voltage @ 256.04 or something rediculously high like that could that be some of my problem and if so how can i fix???

Super high voltage and some messed up sound? Sounds like it's time to ship it back to Pioneer for repair. Reporting 265 volts is not right. So it's either a problem with the vehicle or the Z1 (or the installation of the Z1). Most likely sounds like a Z1 problem. If there is a sound problem in some modes and not others, that's limited to the Z1 (unless it works in AM/FM and no where else). And with the high voltage, sounds like it's time to send it to the experts at pioneer for repair.

Other than that, I got nothing.