AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

Guest Jamesdat
in order to bypass the video while driving function for the Z1 you have to load a special file onto the Hard drive, i got the file from a tech at pioneer, Bpz1s.kwi you simply load it into the drive and click ok for the prompt to install, i have no clue how to take it out but it works great

[b]ADMIN EDIT:
This is most likely a hoax. Mostly because there no way at the present time to get a file on the Z1.

If you want to bypass your Z1 for a June 06 unit or older, you can buy ducatiboy's circuit: [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flasher.html">http://www.sminntech.com/z1flasher.html or buy a TR7 or flash your headlights while the Z1 is booting. For a July 06 unit and newer you can just ground 2 wires.
    • Replies 426
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ryguytpa
    Installing the file Bpz1s.kwi "if it exists" wouldnt have any effect on dvd playback. A .kwi file is an update to a navigation database which has no effect on dvd playback on the Z1.
    Well I had been running the N2(on eBay now as we speak), and I just had the Z1 installed on Saturday...All we did was the normal back in the day trick with the park brake wire, and I have video while driving..I do get the "warning" message when I first crank up the car, but after hitting OK, all is good!
    [quote name="Anonymous"]Well I had been running the N2(on eBay now as we speak), and I just had the Z1 installed on Saturday...All we did was the normal back in the day trick with the park brake wire, and I have video while driving..I do get the "warning" message when I first crank up the car, but after hitting OK, all is good![/quote]

are you sure that all you have to do is ground the parking wire ?
    as i purchased the z1 a couple of days ago and was thinking about returning it while its new in the box as its not worth anything to me not to have video in the front while moving.

can anyone else conferm this works,, thanks
    I had the Z1 installed last friday and I ask them to ground the parking brake wire, and I CANNOT watch movies or my TV turner while I drive. All I have is the audio and it turns off the video. One good thing is I dont have to put it in park for the video to come on. I also have the screen that says the parking brake wire is not connected right.
    If you ground the pbrake wire it will play video while moving until you get to a certain speed/distance.. then it shuts off..

As for this file.. does anyone know more about this? This guy posted that then disapperaed.. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. And if so, where to find it..