AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="MChance000"]Yes, here was the response:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.
I am sorry to hear the problems you have experienced with the AVIC-Z1.
I will forward your comments to the product planning division. I am sure your comments will be looked at closely and considered for future product changes.

Thank You,

Rocky
Customer Service Representative

Which is why I finally decided to take the unit back.

[quote name="HeavenSoldier"] [quote name="MChance000"]I am returning my Z1 tomorrow. You guys can spend the rest of your lives flashing headlights if you want to.[/quote]

Hey chance did you call tech support? I spoke with others who said they're pioneer system was reliable, has to be your setup, the way the antenna is mounted or the car. God Bless[/quote][/quote]

Hmmm, where here is the contact information, which you probaly already have
PIONEER ELECTRONICS (USA) INC.
P.O. Box 1540, Long Beach, California 90801-1540, U.S.A.
TEL: (800) 421-1404

They usually put me through answer machines. God Bless.
Did anybody ever verify and or get a copy of this file???

[quote name="Jamesdat"]in order to bypass the video while driving function for the Z1 you have to load a special file onto the Hard drive, i got the file from a tech at pioneer, Bpz1s.kwi you simply load it into the drive and click ok for the prompt to install, i have no clue how to take it out but it works great[/quote]
The light flip trick works great. I have my Z1 completely installed per manual with the brake lead connected. I rarely need to access menus that are locked while i'm driving but if i want to i can just flip my light once at boot up and its unlocked. So easy. Now i can spot who else has a z1 in the parking lot!
I don't think I explained my scenario very well. It will be wired like this:

Dimmer wire --> TR7 on 5 second delay for constant out on dimmer constant --> diode --> TR7 pulse trigger --> AVIC-Z1

[quote name="htrdlnc"] [quote name="edrock200"]I have auto lights and I will be using two pac tr7 modules to get around this. At night, if I remote start my car, my lights come on before the ingnition even turns, which would keep the pulse to the HU from happening since it would be seeing a constant. So I will take one TR7 and hook it up to the actual factory dimmer wire and set the TR7 to delayed output. On the output I'll put a diode and then another TR7 on the other side of that diode to pulse.[/quote]

That still won't solve your problem. All that will do is keep the TR-7 from flashing your lights during the day.
You need to put a relay on the remote start so that it "breaks" the dimmer wire while the car is remote started. Putting the TR-7 on the radio side of this break would solve that problem.[/quote]
I actually saw one in a store here in northern CA on Tuesday so the first batch has definitely hit the market

[quote name="tridentnyc"][i]I just found out my Bluetooth Unit ND-BT1 shipped today. Should have it Wednesday. I'll let you know how that works once I get it installed.

Kevin

[/i]

[b]Kevin,

Can you tell me where you ordered this from? I can only find pre-order sites.

Thanks.

Rob[/b][/quote]
I heard if there was a switch behind the label, it would void warranty if you damage the sticker at all. Thats what the pioneer distributors are telling me. I think the light flicking is much better than voiding warranty!
[quote name="MChance000"]My wife took my Porsche in today to the the Z1 uninstalled....thank goodness!! Never be a first adopter. Especially with gadgets![/quote]

It has to be your install, like I said I don't know to many bad reviews on the z1. Look at this review here [url=http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=353907&page=5&highlight=avic]http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread ... light=avic[/url]

He said he z1 is extremely reliable. The best nav he has ever owned. God Bless bye.
[quote name="HeavenSoldier"] [quote name="MChance000"]My wife took my Porsche in today to the the Z1 uninstalled....thank goodness!! Never be a first adopter. Especially with gadgets![/quote]

It has to be your install, like I said I don't know to many bad reviews on the z1. Look at this review here [url=http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=353907&page=5&highlight=avic]http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread ... light=avic[/url]

He said he z1 is extremely reliable. The best nav he has ever owned. God Bless bye.[/quote]

Dude let it be...the guy was a complainer, did not contribute anything useful anyways. Good riddance!