AVIC411.com

Bypass instructions for the Z1

Guest Jamesdat

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dtomcat"]OK... so all functions will work, but will the nav still give turn by turn guidance and still give all acurate information such as speed and all that. or does it not work thinking the parking brake is on?

And thanks for quick reply![/quote]

No, everything works like it should. Everything will work, moving or stopped. By doing this you will get no "ill effects". All it will do is make it so that the things that are normally locked out unless you are stopped (with the parking brake on) will work while stopped and while moving. Everything that worked while moving remains working while moving.

The only thing that can be considered a possible bad effect is that it will allow you to watch a DVD while moving which is illegal in most (if not all) states and it's distracting. So it will allow you to do something illegal and dangerous. So you have to actively hit map and change the screen when the Z1 is controlling a DVD for the rear screens.
This mod works great!
I have had the Z1 for about 4 months. I found this site 2 days ago and I think it is great. Everyone really seems to be helping one another and the comments I have read enabled me to do the "light flashing" mod to unlock the Z1 while driving.

I did do the mod a little differently than anyone had posted. Instead of hooking into my parking lights, I just hooked into the lead going to my high beam lights. This way, it does'nt matter if my lights are on or off, all I have to do is pull my light "wand" (as if flashing my highbeams to pass) and presto! it works!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted about this.

:D 8)
[quote name="ffd173"]This mod works great!
I have had the Z1 for about 4 months. I found this site 2 days ago and I think it is great. Everyone really seems to be helping one another and the comments I have read enabled me to do the "light flashing" mod to unlock the Z1 while driving.

I did do the mod a little differently than anyone had posted. Instead of hooking into my parking lights, I just hooked into the lead going to my high beam lights. This way, it does'nt matter if my lights are on or off, all I have to do is pull my light "wand" (as if flashing my highbeams to pass) and presto! it works!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted about this.

:D 8)[/quote]

That's a different approach. the only down side I see is the z1 will only switch over to night mode when the high beams are on.
You are correct. In my case, I don't really care about night mode. So that's why I did it this way. But now that I can turn on nightmode by turning on my highbeams, I just may get used to it and have to hook it into my headlights. :lol:

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.......

8)
Well...after having my initial Z1 with the Dboy bypass, I had to get another z1 for my other ride.

So, I came back to see what needs to be done...I thought i was gonna buy another bypass...but if i'm reading correctly, I only need to do the bypass that was effective for the D1 (is that correct?) Which is listed on the SMinnTech site...?

Regarding my first Z1, it has the back up camera issue and can't get a fix...any ideas anyone? I spoke to Rocky from Pioneer and he noted that the dealer should take it back...but they wont. They are telling me to send it to some factory in Ohio...any other options.
[quote name="tromar1"]Well...after having my initial Z1 with the Dboy bypass, I had to get another z1 for my other ride.

So, I came back to see what needs to be done...I thought i was gonna buy another bypass...but if i'm reading correctly, I only need to do the bypass that was effective for the D1 (is that correct?) Which is listed on the SMinnTech site...?[/quote]

[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

Yes, if your second is a June or older unit, then you would need another bypass circuit. If it's a July or newer then you can just ground 2 wires. The instructions are in that link.

[quote name="tromar1"]Regarding my first Z1, it has the back up camera issue and can't get a fix...any ideas anyone? I spoke to Rocky from Pioneer and he noted that the dealer should take it back...but they wont. They are telling me to send it to some factory in Ohio...any other options.[/quote]

That's a tough one. I guess I would send it back to the factory. If the dealer won't take it I would ship it back. That sucks, but that's what happens sometimes with less than reputable dealers.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

Yes, if your second is a June or older unit, then you would need another bypass circuit. If it's a July or newer then you can just ground 2 wires. The instructions are in that link.

That's a tough one. I guess I would send it back to the factory. If the dealer won't take it I would ship it back. That sucks, but that's what happens sometimes with less than reputable dealers.[/quote]

Thanks...
  • 3 months later...