AVIC411.com

HELP! IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT!

Hey all,

I figured out how to change my backgrounds and did it! And I found all the cross threads about doing your boot up picture. But its not working for me?

Make ISO of NAV DVD

Edit ISO and swap out BGOPEN2.JPG with yours. Told leave the BGOPEN.PIM alone.

Make sure file there same size 500x240 (Same size as backgrounds right)

Make sure no lower case names

Make sure DVD copy is same name as nav DVD

Make sure to reset D2

Yet my bootup background is black only. Why?

Here is the boot up picture I wanted to use. Its the same one Im using for my backgrounds for NAV and A/V.

WHy wont it work???

6b08403.jpg

It's only 8KB, something is wrong.

:D yeah!

Finally someone! Thank you SO much Jason. I wondered about the size myself, but didnt know how to make it larger in size.

I used photoshop and created a 500x240 canvas. I then dumped Black into it to make it back background. I then added the STI logo. Saved it as a JPEG and it saves as 38kb.

Whats odd, I have 2 of these DVDs I made and one of them has the picture as 8kb and the other DVD shows it as 38kb.

Yet both of them dont work. Here is the second DVD disk I made and the pic is 38kb this time...

http://i10.tinypic.com/4zye5a0.jpg

What should I do? And if the same pic worked for my backgrounds, why wont it work for the boot up image?

Thanks man!

Just tried my DVD with the 38kb jpeg and it still wont load it. Even after hitting reset for 30 seconds. Its just blank black. Which is better than nothing, but still.

Again, this is the same photo I used for the normal background, but in its native jpeg format, not the PIM format for the backgrounds.

Upload the exact BGOPEN2 jpg you are using and I'll try it in mine.

Thanks Jason.

Its at the top of this thread. Its 38KB. Im glad you noticed one of my screen shots showed it only being 8KB. Which is was on that DVD. I have like 8 of them now. But the one Im currently messing with is 38KB

Here is a screen shot of the actuall CD I am using now (or trying to use)

http://i10.tinypic.com/4zye5a0.jpg

Thanks for your Help Jason.

I finally got it to work. cntrylvr79 mentioned to make sure the JPEG was NOT progressive. When I went back into photoshop, I noticed that I had saved them progressive. So I saved them without that option on and BAM it worked. Thanks cntrylvr79!!! And thank you to Jason!

Boot up screen things to know

BG is the folder

BGOPEN2.JPG is the file to swap (Keep same name and in CAPS)

500x240 72dpi

Save as JPEG (not progressive)

Load into NAV

Reset NAV

Done.