AVIC411.com

To all Installers Pro or not?????????????

The worse ones are the cars that have had a few radios installed in them already. Trying to figure out the wires, the splices, the poor connections.

However I did a Lamborghini once. A yellow one a few years ago. It was a pain because I had to make a face plate adapter, I couldn't find an accurate wiring diagram and it was tight.

I don't dread any car in particular, kinda like a challenge. The thing I dread is certain customers. Today for instance we had a guy come in that comes by every now and then. Always drunk, always has an attitude problem. He wants us to do a complete rewire and a full system in a 97 500SL. Not a fun car and of course he went on a tirade when I told him 2k in parts/labor not including the product he wanted.

• 2 months later...

On the H1? You can hide a pair or si 14 Chuck Taylors inside the doghouse on that thing. Not a whole lot of room behind the radio area, but, under the console there is plenty of room. Opened one up once, and a Chinese family jumped out. Honest.

• 3 weeks later...

putting a avic into a delsol middle vent slot.

had to remove the dash. remove the side vents, remove the middle vents. tap side vents into the window defrost vent. seal holes.

then the 3 gaping holes on the heater vent system had to be chopped down from a 45 degree angle to then be flush. then seal the hole.

just to make room for the deck to fit in the damn vent slot... not even counting the fabrication of a din mount for the vent.