AVIC411.com

To all Installers Pro or not?????????????

im with cntry i enjoy a challenge.

ive gotta 99 honda civic next to me here that i did a simple indash, 4 spk, sub and amp 2. problem is the drivers door speaker wire isnt working

to run a wire into the door i had to pull spkr, remove door boot "plug" file down on the plugs hole enought to fit a spkr wire through then run the wire through the door boot. the problem is the boot is behind the fender instead of bieng accesable in the door jamb. a simple speaker install took me about 2 hours cuz i had to remove the front fender!

i hate old nissans cuz the plastic they use is very brittle in the year 2007

i cant list any cars that i hate but i LOVE working on toyota/lexus, chrysler/dodge, and gm vehicles.

How about a CD player in a 1977 Chevette? How about a Buick Reatta (with the 125v display in the dash)? Ever put a DIN unit in a 1964 Corvette? ...... Shut the f**k up. Been there. Put it this way, I've installed a BRAND-NEW Kenwood KDC-1 in a 1984 Mustang SVO. (Trump Card!)So, shut up.

I hate the H1's. To be as big as they are, there is no space to hide electronics. Also converting my 2001 Tahoe's dash to the 03-06 dash was very time consuming. But I'm very anal about the looks of my truck, so it had to be perfect.

Hey shotgun, I did the same thing in my Suburban. How did you get your climate control section so centered? I need to work on that with mine.

avic_burb2.jpg

How about a CD player in a 1977 Chevette? How about a Buick Reatta (with the 125v display in the dash)? Ever put a DIN unit in a 1964 Corvette? ...... Shut the f**k up. Been there. Put it this way, I've installed a BRAND-NEW Kenwood KDC-1 in a 1984 Mustang SVO. (Trump Card!)So, shut up.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

I hate the H1's. To be as big as they are, there is no space to hide electronics. Also converting my 2001 Tahoe's dash to the 03-06 dash was very time consuming. But I'm very anal about the looks of my truck, so it had to be perfect.

Hey shotgun, I did the same thing in my Suburban. How did you get your climate control section so centered? I need to work on that with mine.

I cut out alot of the sub dash that's behind and below the radio and a/c controls. The a/c controls were moved down 9/16" and the dash bezel was filed to allow clearance for the vent and rear defroast buttons.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL you guys are hallarious!!! WELL to me a car is a car!! Some take 8-13 minutes to put a radio in others take 3 days lol.... i actually perfer working on exotics and european cars thats the joy of working at sound advice we get to see higher end cars and do it! BUT i would say the one car that i was just so fustrated on ended up being a Bugati Veryon Yes the worlds fastest car there is just no room to move in the car!! ABSOLUTELY NO WIRING INFO!!! ANYWHERE the manufactuer is like good luck let us know how it goes... Lamborgini in las vegas said hmmmm couldnt tell ya took me 4 days ended up doing a pioneer avic z1 REBUILT the whole entire dash! Bluetooth, Hd radio, Sirius suprisingly if you pull the seats out there is room for days under them for equipment!! But rebuilding the dash was a nightmare ended up charging the guy 15 grand after all said in done for equipment and all!! have pics somewhere gotta locate them and ill put them on here i just to so many cars i lose track lol but have a great day guys and questions ever on exotics or euro cars let me know i am all about helping my fellow installers

customnate@yahoo.com

Did something similar in a Lamborghini Diablo SV. Had to move the A/C controls and fab a new center section for the dash. But, I wonder, what would make someone remove the Veyron's Dieter Burmester audio system, which is a SUPER high-end and fully vehicle-integrated system (built by Burmester Audiosysteme GmbH, and not many of us can afford anything they make), and replace it with a head unit, that, while having many neat features, like the hard drive, BT and a great navigation interface, merely offers 'passable' audio performance. That's like pulling the V-12 out of a Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona and replacing it with a high-compression, cammed-out, Holley- and Edelbrock-equipped small-block Chevy. It might still get the same performance, but no finesse, whatsoever. Shame.