AVIC411.com

Problem backing up nav disk....

Hey Guys,

I searched around on how to backup the nav disks. I used IMGburn, which is just a newer version of DVD Decrypter ( which gave me an error when inserting the nav). I read it to an image file. Then I put in my DL DVD to burn.... got an burn error ~50% through. No big concern, because I have had some problems burning with DVD Decrypter in the past. So I loaded up Alcohol 120% Loaded the image to burn, via the .mdf file.... same problem. Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I used UltraISO to make an image. Then I used Nero to burn that image. Worked fine on memorex DL using an HP DL burner.

Check the error on the burn. I bet it's because of the DL split. When you try to make an image using something that's meant for movies, it can sometimes mess up.

I used UltraISO to make an image. Then I used Nero to burn that image. Worked fine on memorex DL using an HP DL burner.

Check the error on the burn. I bet it's because of the DL split. When you try to make an image using something that's meant for movies, it can sometimes mess up.

So when do I make the split for? The error comes up around the 4+ gig mark...

Steve

My setup is simply DVD Decrypter and Alcohol120. Being you used two different programs to burn, I am thinking it might have to be either the media or the burner. What type of media are you using? And did you check if your burner has the latest firmware?

• 2 weeks later...

I just used Nero 7 to burn a copy of the disk. Burned a DVD-R DL on my Pioneer DVR-112D and have had no problems at all. There is no protection on the disk so a straight copy should work fine. Might be a better idea to burn it to your HD first, instead of a 1:1 transfer.