AVIC411.com

AVIC-N3 and Pioneer XDV-P6

Hi all, this is just a rant against Pioneer and more specifically the XDV-P6, so hear me out.

Nothing against the AVIC-N3 I have, but I have a real issue with the XDV-6 6 CD/DVD changer.

With all the technology that Pioneer has, they put a crappy screen that shows from the XDV-P6, basic menu for the touch screen (can’t even pause from there) and I can’t even use MP3’s on a DVD. Yes, I know I can burn MP3’s as a DVD video, but that just doesn’t work for me, I would rather be able to just throw my MP3’s on a DVD, throw it in the changer and start playing them.

Yes, I do have IP-bus selected.

Unless I’m doing something wrong, thanks for listening and rant over.

Thanks,

Jegonzo3

hey - good rant. seriously.

just bought an AVIC-N3 with 6disc CD changer.

did you know that neither the Pioneer 6disc CD nor 12disc CD play MP3's? it's true.

and yes, you're right, the P6, a $500+ 6disc CD/DVD will NOT play MP3 CD's either.

it's stupid.

the only redeeming point is that the N3 itself plays MP3's fine (esp if you're talkin IPOD or LineIn)

6disc: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069886_38162,00.html

12disc:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069886_38165,00.html

Premier 6 Disc:http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069888_70228257,00.html

Thanks stoneycase,

I got this unit, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 41,00.html, it does play MP3's on CD's but not on DVD's.

You would think Pioneer would put a little more effort into these units for the price we pay. I think they're just focusing more of their energy on TV's and maybe home stereo's.

Thanks for listening.

thanks,

jegonzo3

Thanks stoneycase,

I got this unit, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 41,00.html, it does play MP3's on CD's but not on DVD's.

You would think Pioneer would put a little more effort into these units for the price we pay. I think they're just focusing more of their energy on TV's and maybe home stereo's.

Thanks for listening.

thanks,

jegonzo3

ahhhhhhh it does....the 6disc cd/dvd does play CD of MP3....

i got bad info! argh!

THANKS!

Not a problem, it's still pisses me off that I can't throw a ton of MP3's on a DVD.

i'm going with the 6disc DVD/CD now....thanks for the quick heads up Jegonzo3

lot more $$...you go from $170 for a plain old 6disc CD to $570 for a 6disc CD/DVD/MP3

i wish you could throw the nav dvd into the dvd changer, but i hear that's not the case....dvd nav must stay in the head unit for active nav.

I got lucky and got mine for $400 on ebay.

jegonzo3

yeah i'm going to auth local retailer for the pair...keeps the install costs low and gives me a guarantee i'm getting more than mfr telephone support in the future.

what do you think of the n3/dvdchanger combo? anything good/bad besides the no MP3 on DVD?

Yeah, it's good to go with a local retailer, that way support is readily available.

Fortunately for me, I can install everything myself (with a friends help of course), so I'm to blame if anything goes wrong with it. :o

Yeah, you should be ok with that combo, that way you don't have to take out the nav DVD's. I was always worried I'd scratch the disc's swapping them out. I need to make a copy of them and use those.

jegonzo3

Yeah, it's good to go with a local retailer, that way support is readily available.

Fortunately for me, I can install everything myself (with a friends help of course), so I'm to blame if anything goes wrong with it. :o

Yeah, you should be ok with that combo, that way you don't have to take out the nav DVD's. I was always worried I'd scratch the disc's swapping them out. I need to make a copy of them and use those.

jegonzo3

cool...yeah i've done a few headunit&speaker installs myself - but nothing near this complicated. certainly not video and definitely not gps. if i could though...i'd be right there with you - much more fun (and a helluva lot cheaper)

are you using the nav dvd in the dvd changer? i didn't think you could do that with the n3?

Well, it does look like a lot of wires that connect to our unit, but it's not as bad as you think.

No, you can't use the nav DVD in the changer, it has to be in the N3. I just meant swapping out of the HU if I wanted to listen to a CD or watch a DVD.

Well, it does look like a lot of wires that connect to our unit, but it's not as bad as you think.

No, you can't use the nav DVD in the changer, it has to be in the N3. I just meant swapping out of the HU if I wanted to listen to a CD or watch a DVD.

i'll have to let you know my first thoughts no the combo tonight...should be picking up my car later...can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...