AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3, Nav throws me in Los Angeles randomly?

I have had this problem happen 3 times. It tells me I am in Los Angeles, right by HWY 101/Hollywood Freeway and keeps me there. This happened 1 time after I haven't driven the car for a few days and when I drive it keeps me positioned in the same spot, and doesnt move the position, but recognizes when I turn my turning the marker. The last time it happened, I was driving on the highway, had directions being displayed and was in route. All of a sudden it jumped me to the SAME location in Los Angeles, and doesnt move at all when I drive. Then last time I was in SF, CA, and I was driving down market street. I keyed in return home, it started to calculate route, and then brought me back to the SAME location in Los Angeles, and did the same thing until I reset it. Driving around, waiting for GPS to "re-see" my position doesn't work either as I have driven for 30 minutes and it never moves me from that one spot in LA until I reset the unit.

Any ideas? I am using the Bypass and have no VSS hooked up.

Happened to my D3 once before, I hooked up my VSS after that and modified my current location to where I really was. Has been dead-on accurate since so one of the two solved the problem. I too had a D1 for years with no VSS and no problems, so maybe the D3 is more tempermental than the D1/2 when it comes to VSS connection

Talked to the very helpful Pioneer Tech support..... they kept blaming it on my antenna, even though I have all but 1 bar active most of the time. Finally after explaining that I have all bars, he said it was most likely a defective unit, to do an over the counter exchange since I am under the 30 day mark.