AVIC411.com

Changing County Maps? Z1 vs AVIC-HD3BT

Hi all

This might be a tough question but hope someone can help me out. I might be moving to the UK soon and I want to take my Z1 with me, I know a lot of functions like Sirus and XM won't work.

Anyway I was originally thinking of buying a similar unit in the UK and found the AVIC-HD3BT which is identicle to the Z1, see link http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/10 ... index.html

My question is can I load a copy of the AVIC-HD3BT maps onto a Z1? I have seen the disks for sale on Ebay.co.uk , see link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-Avic-Sat- ... dZViewItem

Anyone have any idea if this can be done? Looks to me like the same unit but some of the USA functions removed like Satellite radio which we don't have in the UK!

Thank you

Stuart

Thanks MisFit, I don't really want to spend $3400 on the UK version if I can mod the Z1 somehow!

I thought the Map updates were done via a cd to the HD? So there is no way of changing country maps with the hard drive?

I wonder if the Z1 and HD3BT are the same unit just with different software on the HD's? If I could clone a UK drive for my Z1 maybe?

I contacted Pioneer customer service 3 times regarding an update for the Z1 software. They have given me several different answers. One of the customer service reps said the Z1 has no update, I called back on another day...the rep told me to check back next month. I think they are having problems with the upgrade disk for this unit. They don't have any specifics on it, and won't give me a straight answer.

European one has bluetooth built-in, so there are definitely some hardware differences as well

Thanks MisFit, I don't really want to spend $3400 on the UK version if I can mod the Z1 somehow!

I thought the Map updates were done via a cd to the HD? So there is no way of changing country maps with the hard drive?

I wonder if the Z1 and HD3BT are the same unit just with different software on the HD's? If I could clone a UK drive for my Z1 maybe?

European one has bluetooth built-in, so there are definitely some hardware differences as well

Just a correction...

The European one has NOT bluetooth built-in.

You get the radio and a Bluetoth box, then you connect it to the radio.

I have one my self :)

Rgs

Providers

Likely that would work. If they are, in fact, the same unit. I would try and find an image and copy it to a standard 30 gig laptop drive. replace the avic's drive with the cloned laptop drive and see if it works (with all functions). If it does, then copy the image over to the avic's drive (after you back it up). If not, then just re-install the avic drive.