AVIC411.com

My new 2007 Mustang!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JASON,

Don't forget that the "power adapter" is live all the time in the stang!

Leaving a powered on Radar Detector may just land you with a dead battery!

and yes, if you don't curently own a detector YOU WILL real soon!

Yeah, I have a X50. When I had the car apart, I ran a ACC wire for it.

Nice looking car! I really like mine...if they could just get the freaking water leak on hte passengers side fixed :grumble:

Isn't this a known condtion with the new Stangs... there might be a tsb available... checout www.mustangforums.com for more on this 03Vic-HPP

MINE personally doesn't leak ;)

Yeah its known on the boards...Ford supposedly had a TSB in the works but nothing yet.....I didn't think mine leaked either, took it through a touchless one day and pulled back the carpet to find water sloshing in the floor board....took it to the dealer and thought it was fixed, been through the wash several times with no problems, but this past weekend we got a steady rain for probably near 24hrs and when I got to work this AM I pulled it back and the foam was slightly wet in one spot, not nearly as bad as before, but its wet...back to the dealer on Thursday I guess....

Awww... I missed it. Was it anything good?

Jason, There is no replacement for displacement! V6's suck!

Just kidding. I love those new mustangs. Not that I didn't like the last model, but I haven't liked any mustangs since my 87. :) Till this new style. And I rented a convertible one of my last trips to LA. I was impressed with the power of the V6. It has more power that my 79 V8 did. Either way, good luck with the new car and sorry about the accident.

I was impressed with the power of the V6. It has more power that my 79 V8 did.

Know what you mean about power.... ok, so the V6 is not a GT but I know that after I added cold air intake, magnaflow mufflers and an XCalibrator 2 into the equation for my 6er, it does seem to have more power than my old 95GT (and defnitely gets more miles per gallon)

90's? I skipped the 90's and most of the 2000's so far.

I wish they would go retro and bring back my 79:

1979-ford-mustang.jpg

Not my personal vehicle, but one of the same color. But I did have the Indy Pace Car rims, POS 390mm rims! Try finding a 390mm tire other than the Michelin TRX.

The 302 ci (5ltr) V8 in 1979 had 140hp stock if I'm not mistaken. Whoo hoo hold on to your hats!

6.jpg

This one actually is mine!

1981 Mercury Capri (and yes, those TRX tires are getting awfully difficult to find).. BUT... my local Rolls Royce dealership kept stock last time I had to buy tires

Michelin no longer makes that tire, they sold the mold to Cooper Tire... and (at last count) primarily sold thru Rolls Royce dealerships cause of the european involvement