AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply enter your Vehicle Year/Make/Model here, and it will tell you where the VSS Wire is.

http://www.rostra.com/techsupport-main.asp

I went to the site but could not for the life of me find any links for my VSS location. After entering my vehicle year/make/model, I was directed to a page that contained products for my car (rear camera system, etc.). But nothing on VSS. Can you be more specific on where to get this info on the site? Thanks.

2006 Hyundai Azera

Speed Sense yellow data link connector, pin 6

Notes: The data link connector is under the driver side dash.

Also found at the BCM, 16 pin plug, pin 10.

Also found at the amplifier, if equipped.

Reverse Light white + back of fuse box, 9 pin plug, pin 5

Merry Xmas.

2006 Hyundai Azera

Speed Sense yellow data link connector, pin 6

Notes: The data link connector is under the driver side dash.

Also found at the BCM, 16 pin plug, pin 10.

Also found at the amplifier, if equipped.

Reverse Light white + back of fuse box, 9 pin plug, pin 5

Merry Xmas.

Thanks for the info. I'll report back with my progress.

P.S. What does "BCM" stand for? Where is it?

Its the body control module. As for where it is I don't have the info infront of me right now so I couldn't say. You're better off though picking it up at the data link connector though. Easier to get at.

Yes, thanks - I found the Data Link Connector under the dash. Question: do you think it's OK to simply plug a male connector into the pin 6 to get access to it (as opposed to splicing the wire)??

ALSO: can you tell me the easiest spot (under the dash??) to tap into the reverse signal (I'm not looking forward to snaking a cable to rear taillight!!)?

Its the body control module. As for where it is I don't have the info infront of me right now so I couldn't say. You're better off though picking it up at the data link connector though. Easier to get at.

Yes, thanks - I found the Data Link Connector under the dash. Question: do you think it's OK to simply plug a male connector into the pin 6 to get access to it (as opposed to splicing the wire)??

I wouldn't just plug in, you should splice it, better connection and should someone need to plug in a scantool into the connector you don't have to worry about them remembering to plug your wire back in.

ALSO: can you tell me the easiest spot (under the dash??) to tap into the reverse signal (I'm not looking forward to snaking a cable to rear taillight!!)?

I can only go off the info that I gave you since I've not done a nav system in that car. Your other option should you not be able to find the reverse wire where I posted would be to look for the same colored wire in the bundle of wires that runs to the back of the car in the drivers kickpanel under the carpet.

I am going to guess based on previous experience, that yes they retalking about the one under the driver side dash.

Hi. Hope you had a nice weekend. I spent the entire weekend installing the Z1. I'm completely bushed! Mostly a success, but some issues arose. Perhaps you can help? Questions:

1) Reverse Signal: There's only one 9-pin connector on the back of the fuse box (under dash driver's side), but pin '5' is empty (both male & female sides). Could it be one of the other pins (I attached a photo of the 9-pin connector - counting from lower right going left, pin 4,5,6,7,8, etc.)

2) Can you tell me where I can easily (i.e., under dash, near fuse box??) tap into BATTERY?

3) I get an emphatic "oomph" sound through the speakers when I turn the car off (even after turning off the unit (as much as it can be turned off, that is)). All sounds fine while it's playing; I checked left, right, front, rear settings, and all seems well; I'm getting highs through my tweeters and bass through my woofer. Any ideas what could be wrong? I'm certain I made good grounds; help......

post-2392-12872751288109_thumb.jpg

That looks to me like a 10 pin plug. Kinda hard to tell for sure though your finger's in the way a bit. You could look in the harnes that runs to the back of the car on the driver's side for a white wire. That might work to.

what do you need to tap into a batteryfeed?

The pop/thump noise you're hearing is normally caused by the factory amp turning off too soon. What you can trry doing is disconnecting the blue/white wire of the car's harness from the z1 and splice it into the red wire. If that doesn't work, you'll need something to delay the turn off of the amp.