AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for the Speed Wire on a Toyota Matrix '07..

The website does not mention anything about the '07.. I checked the '04 Model then and there's some info.. I just don't know which one is the right one (possibly the same on the 07..)

I see this:

VSS Wire: LOCATION 2- 4 CONNECTOR ECM- 2ND CONNECTOR LEFT TO RIGHT

VSS Wire Color: VIOLET/WHITE

VSS Pulse: 4000

VSS Tach Wire: LOCATION 2- (E6) 31 PIN CONNECTOR OF ECM POSITION 5

Tach Signal Wire Color: BLACK

Now which Wire is the RIGHT ONE to connect the Z3' Speed Wire?? VSS Tach or just VSS?

Now I do see this on the bottom:

VEHICLE NOTES: BELOW GLOVEBOX 4 CONNECTOR ECM

This is the location of where I have to run the wire to, correct? My other car was all the way in the engine that's why that strucks me odd..

Thanks in advance!

I have a 99 Toyota Landcruiser with a AVIC-D2 that was recently installed. The installer did not hookup the VSS wire either (didn't know this til yesterday when I started telling them about minor NAV problems). Guy told me he couldn't find it. This was installed by Circuit City and you would think they would have access to this information. I knew I probably should have installed everything myself but install was it was free so I figured what the hell; let em do it. The D2 is nice but a tease in many ways. My navigation is slighty off (hoping the VSS hookup fixes this. I need to open up the dash to bypass so I'll wait until I find out where the VSS is and hook it up. The IPOD interface with this unit is also driving me nuts and others I see on here as well. I guess I should have done more research before buying this unit but didn't really want to drop 2 grand on the Z1.... Anyone got other good alternatives for playing MP3's over the IPOD? Also, where can I get software updates from Pioneer? Seems like a software or firmware upgrade could fix this.

Hurray for lazy circuit city installers. Take the truck back, tell them to hook it up. Here's where it is incase they argue it's not in the truck

Speed Sense purple behind the glove box

Notes: Located in a 28 pin connector at the ECM behind the glove box.

As for updates, the d2 has the most current updates already, nothing availible yet to change anything. The new map set should be out in a month or so, that'll take care of the maps. Any other changes at this point are purely speculation. The ipod thing, I'd check the d1/2 forum there are several topics on alternatives to the crappy pioneer interface.

cntrylvr79,

Thanks man. You seem to know your stuff well. Too bad you don't work at the circuit city by me in VA. This will be the 5th time I've had to take it back... Maybe 6. All my reading seems to indicate that I should just shell out the extra $$$ and get the Z1 or try another brand. Maybe I will see if they will let me upgrade to the Z1 and have the other unit removed...

Oh yeah... What else will hooking up the speed sense wire help or do for the unit??? Will it only help my NAV unit be more accurate; like it doesn't seem to know my home address... but it knows the street name sometimes but sometimes it thinks i'm a street over...

jason

Doubt it's going to fix those issuses. That's an imperfection in the software that's saying you're on a different street than you are really on. As far as the home address thing goes you could try waiting for the updated map set otherwise you'd have to do what I did and modify the location for your home.

BTW I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just really good at faking it.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all, I've been a diligent poster and searched to no avail for my vehicle. I need to know where/wire color is for VSS and ILL for a 2007 Ford Freestyle with the Audiophile system (In-dash 6-disc player with speed sensing volume control)

Thanks for all the help! Y'all are mighty helpful! :)

Thanks, ok don' t do all the work for me, if you want I can help you.

For the Chevy Tahoe Z71 2001

In the green/white wire of the radio harness, and the green/white wire of the cluster harnees ( pos A3 ) you can find the speed signal ( VSS ), and for the reverse signal the geen wire off the conector of the center instrument panel utility block located under the instrument panel on the left side of the steering column.

Hope it helps

post-4654-1287275176317_thumb.jpg

post-4654-12872751763916_thumb.jpg