AVIC411.com

How To: Find your Vehicle's VSS Wire.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good day,

after doing a search on the site posted at the start of the thread and browsing a few threads on this forum .. i still haven't found what i am looking for, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction ...

Avic-D3x install .. into an 08 Scion xB without factory nav .. (but it does have the vol controlled by speed option on the factory radio) ... trying to find the VSS wire ...

between that and locating my mic for the BT module .. i will have a full weekend ahead of me
quote:

Avic-D3x install .. into an 08 Scion xB without factory nav .. (but it does have the vol controlled by speed option on the factory radio) ... trying to find the VSS wire ...

should be purple in the radio harness
Well I found the VSS wire on the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I own... It is located way up on passanger side firewall behind the glove box... It is a dark green and yellow wire which was really hard to find amongst the 50 other wires coming through the vehicle at that location... You can also find it attatched to the firewall directly under the hood on the passenger side if you want to go that route as well.... The only problem I am having is that the VSS wire canceled my nav bypass that I had working the AVIC-N4 now realizes that the car is moving and while the car is in motion I loose the ability to type destinations into the navi although as soon as the vehicle comes to a stop all the icons light up again. Also there is another annoying message saying there is a problem with the installation of the parking brake wire. I thought that the VSS would not over ride the parking brake bypass... this is not true it does. Good luck
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2007 & 2008 Chevy Avalanche

PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES TRANSPONDER SEE NOTES
This vehicle is equipped with a TRANSPONDER passive anti-theft system. A bypass module may be available which will not require a key. Contact your supplier to find out. If one is not available to you, please see the appropriate security diagram before any remote start installation.

12 VOLTS Red/black In black plug on fusebox under dash +
IGNITION Pink Ignition switch harness +
ACCESSORY Brown Ignition switch harness +
STARTER White Ignition switch harness +
Start wire requires (+) through a 1280 ohm resistor.

KEY SENSE Pink Ignition switch harness +
TACH SIGNAL SEE NOTE
Go to any coil on the side of the engine and use the wire that is not Pink, Black or Brown.

FUEL INJECTOR Opposite from Pink At any injector on engine AC
LOCK Data module required
UNLOCK Data module required
DOORPIN Gray At BCM on the left side of the steering column +
Located in the TAN connector.

FACTORY ARM Data module required
FACTORY DISARM Data module required
The OEM alarm will disarm automatically on remote start.

BRAKESWITCH Blue/white At switch or BCM on left of steering column +
Located in the BROWN connector.

PARKLIGHTS (-) Lt.blue At light switch or BCM on left of steering column -
Located in the TAN connector.

HAND BRAKE Lt.blue At BCM on left of steering column -
Located in the BROWN connector.

HORN Tan At steering column or BCM -
Located in the BROWN connector. The BCM is located on the left side of the steering column.

VSS WIRE Yellow/black In Black connector on ECM AC
The ECM is located on the driver's side of the engine compartment behind the headlight