AVIC411.com

I just put a D3 in my new car, and I am now looking for a remote start / security system to add as well. I have been looking at the Viper 5900 and the Python equivalent and was hoping the guru's on here could guide me in the right direction. I had my D3 installed at Circuit City and they did a fantastic job...so I am kinda leaning toward the Python because it is sold at Circuit City and it seems only fair to throw more business their way; however, I still want the most reliable system for the best deal. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks as always.

The alarm is only as good as the install, so the imprtant thing is to find a place that doesn't just leave everything dangling below the drivers dash where it's easy to find and disable. Basically a cheap $100 alarm installed well is better than a highend alarm installed poorly.

Well I can't speak to the quality of the installers at any of the CC's by you, but in general we are required to solder ALL connections unlike some of the other big box stores. I can say if you're willing to make the trip I work at the one in brick new jersey. As for the mom and pop shops, I'd just ask them how they make the connections, solder, twist and tape, t-taps ect.

I did some more research last night, and found out that the Viper and the Python are the exact same unit made by the same company....So I've pretty much made up my mind that I am going to go back to the Circuit City here in Pittsburgh. They did an awesome job with all the work that I had done there up to that point. Thanks again for the advice.