AVIC411.com

My New Toy-07 Ford Edge

well, actually my wifes. but i at least get the priviledge of paying for it :lol:

now dont start bashing because its not an avic, but i've been an eclipse dealer a lot longer than a pioneer dealer. besides, the silver trim matches the dash better. and the hard buttons illumination is green which matches all the stock lights on the dash. anywaay, just thought i'd share.

post-5223-12872752502737_thumb.jpg

post-5223-12872752503864_thumb.jpg

post-5223-12872752504644_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Reverse Light green/brown + driver kick, harness to rear

Speed Sense purple/orange ac wiper motor or PCM, conn. B, pin 63

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is under the hood on the passenger side of the engine.

the pcm is easier than the wiper motor

use this for illumination:

Parking Lights+ purple/white + driver kick or SJB, conn. D, pin 20

The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is above the driver kick panel.

Thanks. I'm also looking for a place to put an amp. Doesn't look like under the seats will work due to the vents. Any recommendations?

Also it seems as if it'll be a pain running wires from the engine compartment through the firewall due to the engine blocking it. Any suggestions?

That's not the issue. When running the VSS cable to the PCM or running a power feed to a battery, I normally run the cables through an existing grommet. I'll take a look again later, but it seems like the engine compartment is quite cramped to even get your hand through to the firewall, let alone find a usable grommet.

a pt cruiser can you get more trashy than that a pt cruiser sits on the same chassy as a dodge neon. you really should get a z2 for the car it would be the only thing that will work in a few years lol just kidding nice lawn though.

hitting the bottle a little early today?