AVIC411.com

AVIC Z2 MUSIC LIBRARY/TV TUNER QUESTION

Just got my Z2 and i have a few questions.

1. is there an easier way to load the names of songs to the hard drive. i burn most of my music so they do not register with gracenote.

2. the gex p5700 is not being released any more. does anyone have a universal tuner hooked up to thier system. my understanding is you would lose touch control but you can operate it with a remote.

please help.

To get the song titles, edit the MP3 tags with the information and then select CD-Text when burning the CD-R. When you insert the disc into the Z1/Z2, it will automatically get the album title and song titles from the CD-Text and copy it over to the library.

I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

But here's another tip:

If you copy an real CD you can add all the songs titles by pressing the info button and then the "update title" button.

It will access gracenote and then show you the album that matches.

After it updates the title you will be able to use voice recognition to find the album and songs.

-mk

you mean edit the mp3 cd to be a audio cd? :? im confused help ?

i thought z2 doesnt burn riped mp3 into hard drive....?

No. You edit the MP3s so when the CD-Audio is burned, the information will be available. You can't actually rip MP3s into the hard drive.

Normally when you make an Audio CD, you use MP3s as the musis source. With that said, lets talk about MP3s. If you right click on your MP3 and go down to properties it will bring up information about the file. There should be three tabs on that screen. On the third tab it will give you complete details about the file such as track name, album title, track number, year released, and genre. If you do not see that anywhere on the screen you might need to click on the "advanced" button. Once you're on the advanced setting of that tab you should see that information. If the information is missing, you can edit whatever is missing but mainly only the song name, album title, and track number is necessary. That information is known as the "tag". Once you edit all the tags for your MP3s, you can now go into Nero or whatever you use to burn CDs. Opt to burn an Audio CD and insert your selected MP3s. Somewhere, you should get the option to insert CD-Text. Make sure you select that. You are now good to burn the CD. When the CD is done, stick it in your AVIC and it should automatically start recording it with the information you just added to the tag. Good luck!

Just got my Z2 and i have a few questions.

1. is there an easier way to load the names of songs to the hard drive. i burn most of my music so they do not register with gracenote.

2. the gex p5700 is not being released any more. does anyone have a universal tuner hooked up to thier system. my understanding is you would lose touch control but you can operate it with a remote.

please help.

I am interested in a universal tv tuner as well, anyone have an answer for #2?