AVIC411.com

touch screen calibration?? is there a setting?

I believe you can do it through the service menu. There should be instructions on getting into that menu on this site, just don't remember where

got it all fixed, the touchscreen cal was in the service menu, took alittle messing around with, but it works like brand new again.

I was able to download the service manual for the D1. I followed the instructions, and was able to get into the service menu. I tried to recalibrate my touchscreen because I wasn't able to access the buttons on the far right bottom of the screen. It seems to be off by almost a 1/2 inch. Anyway, I tried the recal and when I entered the mode to set the point of touch, it wouldn't recognize where I was touching it. Bottom line is I wasn't successful in recalibrating the touch screen. Any suggestions?

I was able to download the service manual for the D1. I followed the instructions, and was able to get into the service menu. I tried to recalibrate my touchscreen because I wasn't able to access the buttons on the far right bottom of the screen. It seems to be off by almost a 1/2 inch. Anyway, I tried the recal and when I entered the mode to set the point of touch, it wouldn't recognize where I was touching it. Bottom line is I wasn't successful in recalibrating the touch screen. Any suggestions?

there were two parts to the cal, the first one you have to trace the outside border of the screen (white box) to set the parameters, then you do the touchscreen part, this is where i was confused. you have to keep pressing the square that pops up, then it will eventually move, then keep pressing it at its new location. i did this and it works fine. mine was off about a 1/2 inch before and i wasnt able to use the far left letters like "a"

there were two parts to the cal, the first one you have to trace the outside border of the screen (white box) to set the parameters, then you do the touchscreen part, this is where i was confused. you have to keep pressing the square that pops up, then it will eventually move, then keep pressing it at its new location. i did this and it works fine. mine was off about a 1/2 inch before and i wasnt able to use the far left letters like "a"

I have the same issue in reverse... keys on the left of screen are correct, key press for right side is off of the screen. I can get into the calibration screen, drew out the lines on the screen (Step 1) and attempted adjust (step 2) - Question: Do I hold the press on the touch screen calibration square, or press repeatedly? How long / how many times do I press? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have tried numerous times to recalibrate. I think I know why it isn't working for me. Is there a step I am possibly missing that saves the calibration after I am finished going through the routines. I ask this because the last step I do is the calibration compensation test which shows exactly where I am touching the screen and it is right on the money. But when I reboot the unit, the touch is off again by at least a half inch.

• 7 months later...