AVIC411.com

Upgrades to the user interface?

ipod, no. There is ipod2car Gen2. I got it but returned it. Its similar to the pioneer one, but better. If you can deal w/ it I guess you will like it. But i didnt like how you had to search one by one.

The best thing was it showed 16 characters at a time, and it scrolled title/artist all together. its was great. But for me, that was the only pro.

I think pioneer is making there own sirius adapter so maybe that will work better w/ the d1, vs the universal type one that im assuming you have.
Do you have the CD-IB100 or CD-IB100ii? The ii is suppossed to be the newly released unit. There are claims it has an improved interface... but I have seen no confirmations of that.

I avoided the CD-IB100 because Ive heard countless complains online about how horrible the interface is.
[quote name="Anonymous"]Do you have the CD-IB100 or CD-IB100ii? The ii is suppossed to be the newly released unit. There are claims it has an improved interface... but I have seen no confirmations of that.

I avoided the CD-IB100 because Ive heard countless complains online about how horrible the interface is.[/quote]

the ii is the same as the regular one, no change just the cable is one cable that goes to the iPod instead of the 2 it had before.
[quote name="Anonymous"]
the ii is the same as the regular one, no change just the cable is one cable that goes to the iPod instead of the 2 it had before.[/quote]

I think you are mistaken. Connectors to the ipod are the same on both. (See links below) Only confirmed differences are the size and color of the unit. Since they are out of stock everywhere no one knows much about the new unit.

...you might be referring to the Pioneer AUX adapter, which I have, that uses two RCA cables inputs. That is not a true ipod adapter.

CD-IB100ii
[url]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iDC2P1sf9O7/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=130IB100II[/url]

CD-IB100
[url]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CrCqCwP6e5P/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130cdib100&search=CDIB100[/url]
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest avic-d2
avic-d2 have limited ipod control with CD-IB100ii. It treats ipod as a external device. Only the N3 have the simulated ipod screen and displays artist name, sont titles, and have shuffle function, etc...

I'm very disappointed with the wasy AVIC-D2 work with CD-IB100ii, Pioneer seems to be saving on paying software royalty to Apple by having simplified control on the avic-d2...

What do you think?
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GnatGoSplat
It's ridiculous, D2 is a 2006 model and it still can't support enhanced iPod control. Makes no sense, every other 2006 model supports enhanced iPod control! It is the entire reason I am not going to buy a D2.
The connectors are not the same. The connector on the ii is far bigger than the earlier version. The white cable is also different. Apparently Apple wanted the new connector used, but they both function exactly the same

[quote]

I think you are mistaken. Connectors to the ipod are the same on both. (See links below) Only confirmed differences are the size and color of the unit. Since they are out of stock everywhere no one knows much about the new unit.

...you might be referring to the Pioneer AUX adapter, which I have, that uses two RCA cables inputs. That is not a true ipod adapter.

CD-IB100ii
[url]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iDC2P1sf9O7/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=130IB100II[/url]

CD-IB100
[url]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CrCqCwP6e5P/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130cdib100&search=CDIB100[/url][/quote]
To get enhanced ipod required a hardware change (thats why the N1, N2 didn't do it but the N3 does.) They did not change the hardware at all between the D1 and D2, it is literally a D1 with different software. Thats why it didn't change. Maybe next year? Or consider a Z1

[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]It's ridiculous, D2 is a 2006 model and it still can't support enhanced iPod control. Makes no sense, every other 2006 model supports enhanced iPod control! It is the entire reason I am not going to buy a D2.[/quote]
Guest GnatGoSplat
[quote name="NYRngrs24"]ipod, no. There is ipod2car Gen2. I got it but returned it. Its similar to the pioneer one, but better. If you can deal w/ it I guess you will like it. But i didnt like how you had to search one by one.
[/quote]

What exactly do you mean by search one by one?
Can you choose a playlist and just play the whole list?
Can you browse playlists while a track continues playing?
What exactly do you mean by search one by one?
Can you choose a playlist and just play the whole list?
Can you browse playlists while a track continues playing?

one by one - i meant you have to press next after each artist/song/genre/album

you can choose playlist easily

and If i remember correctly, you can listen to a song while browsing for another song