AVIC411.com

Avic D3 - Backgrounds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

D3 manual says pictures are pre-loaded on the Pioneer navigation discs. i have yet to find them on the disc.

i followed the instructions as in the manual, but i still can't do it. the D3 still has the "import" button greyed out.

and, none of you ding dongs try and tell me that "import" is only for CD-r's. read the manual, and in the section i'm talking about, step 5 says the steps are the same for cd-r's and the pioneer disc.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having no luck getting my head unit to read images from my CDR/CDRW/DVDR. Here is what i have tried. It could be my memorex or Ridata brand of CDR and DVDr?

1. I found 10 jpg files from this site in 500x240.

2. Saved those 10 jpg's to a desktop folder called Pictures ALL CAPS "PICTURES" (even renamed them to 1.jpg, 2jpg ect)

3. Opened up Nero 7 started new project in CDROM UDF/No Multisession

4. Then I Put a 5mb zip file in the root directory of the CD not the "PICTURES" directory. Dragged the pictures directory in root and started to burn the CDR.

I have tried this with a CDRW/CDR/DVD-r (I used a 200mb dummy file)

I get the same are message "Make a PICTURES directory and copy Jpg's in to it".

So what could I be doing wrong? Maybe it does not like my media should I try alch 120%? It does seem to read it though and not give me a format error. My system is just xp proffessional CD/DVDR is a plextor.

Please help!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no need to make an .iso image of the "PICTURES" folder. Technically the pictures can be bigger than the 500 x 240 resolution but the avic will resize them. I use roxio and I just burn the CD as a "DATA" cd. It doesn't require anything special. Only issue I had was one pic was "corrupt" but all the others on all the cd's I had made worked. If you want, you can email the pictures you want on the disc and I will burn them for you. (If I get blasted with requests, this might take some time.) You pay the shipping costs is all I ask. (I will also test them before I send them in my D3.) PM for my email.