AVIC411.com

Please help. New install of D3 with 4 wierd problems

HI guys,

so i just installed a D3 and i have 4 weird problems that i dont understand. first of all, the wallpaper background isnt anything. its these grey and black streaks going across horizontally. 2nd. when i go to map, my location is stationary in a location about 20 miles away. 3rd. alot of buttons are grayed out. like when i tried to change the background, then i got to navi and settings the system settings is grayed. 4th. ill try to play a dvd or play video form my ipod and it says something like watching video in the front seat is not allowed.

what works. ipod does with when its comes to music. radio works with good reception. I did to the bypass by swapping the mute cable and grounding it. i also grounded the ebrake instead of connecting it to the ebreak. when i check gps status, i see like 4 yellow satellite icons. i made all my grounds to a bracket that my stereo attached to.

this is on a 350Z

any help would be so damn appreciated right now.

thanks guys

1. You can change this in the navigation menu. There are seperate settings for AV and Navi background.

2. Sounds like your antenna isn't in a good location--move it somewhere else, give it some time to calibrate, connect your VSS wire if you haven't already.

3. You didn't do the bypass correctly

4. You didn't do the bypass correctly--double check to make sure the pin is seated properly in the 'bypass' hole and re-check your grounds

whos mr. troll.... lol... n e way... i had the same problem when i did the bypass.... well its because i was dumb and didnt realize the pin wasnt seated right. turn the wire 180 degrees from when its not working make sure the pin goes all the way down (it should go down further now) so you cant see the metal from the tip on the the harness side.... and yes you can use multiple wires to one ground spot.... usually wut ever your using to ground the unit or what ever was there for your stock will work fine.... and must admit a good way to ground everything to one spot is by using wiretaps.... no need to strip the wire... it clips right on, cuts into the wire internally and allows for detachable connections..... hope this helps