AVIC411.com

Backup Camera Saves the Day

I have the Avic D1 with a backup camera I grabbed off eBay. I don't even realize anymore that I glance at it when backing up.

I was getting ready to back up from a mall parking space .... I see an adult pass my car, I look in the mirrors and out the windows and see nothing and glance at the Avic D1 and see a small kid trailing the adult who had passed me a few seconds ago.

This is not the first time the camera has prevented a possible mishap.

Really, I think SUV's and Minivans (and maybe even pick up trucks) should be required to have back up sensors or cameras when they are manufactured nowadays.

i agree. i like sensors better because even if you forgot to check your screen, those beeps are impossible to not notice

Agreed. I don't know why all SUV's, MiniVans, and Pickups are not required to have backup senses built in when manufactured nowadays. But the screen is better than nothing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Really, I think SUV's and Minivans (and maybe even pick up trucks) should be required to have back up sensors or cameras when they are manufactured nowadays.

or intelligent drivers :roll:

scrupul0us ...

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but larger vehicles do not have as good of a field of view behind their vehicles as smallers cars. I know, I drive for a living and I own a SUV and a smaller 4 cyclinder car.

I was simply sharing an Avic related experience that I thought other Avic owners may be interested in, especially those considering a backup camera.

:!: I did not do anything to you, say anything to you or provoke you in any way. I find your comment very insulting and uncalled for.

Aconite

I think you took his comment the wrong way. He is AGREEING with you and at the same time giving you a compliment. Most drivers get in their vehicles and don't even bother to look behind them or side to side. I ride a motorcycle and the intelligence of the people on the road amaze me. makes me wonder where they obtained their DL.

I think you took his comment the wrong way [...] I ride a motorcycle and the intelligence of the people on the road amaze me. makes me wonder where they obtained their DL.

I'm not sure, but you could be right. I deleted my message.

I don't drive a motorcycle, so I don't know what its like, but I do cycle to work everyday and that can be a bit of a circus sometimes.