What color should i paint it?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What color should i paint it?

• Black
    • Silver
    • Gun Metal
    • Not paint it and do sumthingg else?

1.well i would paint it brown if my truck was brown but unfortunately it silver

2. Yea im still working on it, im done filling it in i just have to sand it down. Once done im gonna throw a coat of primer on it.

thanks for the comments, and uh step into a custom shop some time. that work doesnt get done in one day.

well im going to be done with it till this evening or for tomorrow...yea i should of waited but i wanted to show the progress of it. I had to keep the unit in there for the molding process, but as for the sanding down i removed it. The bottom part was the hard part, because i had to shave a lil bit off the top vents. So i made like a small lip to ensure it looked flushed. the whole process has been fun. I been able to work on it at work and at home...

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. i am so glad i came accross this page, because i was having a hard time finding anyone trying to install the D3 to the Jeep Cherokee. I have and 04 Grand Cherokee, and ofcourse definitely want to add the the D3 to it.

I had a couple of questions for you, hoping it will help get some directions. Since i haven't physically gotten my hands on the unit, there is a lot of things that are in question. but here goes, hopefully i make sense.

did you have to cut anything from the inside area (where the clips are) in order to accomodate the unit?

why did you have to shave a bit off the vents... i know you said to make sure it was flushed. was that not possible before? why?

Last... with that molding that you are doing... will that be a removable piece (cover). If that is the case, are you using the original clipping areas or other ones that you created.

Thanks for your patience on this, i am too new to this and i was starting to feel like it was not going to be possible to add this unit. Glad i was wrong!

Your set up is looking very sweet. i would say to paint it black... seems like it would blend in nicer with the unit... since the unit is a bit on the shiny side and the rest of the dash board area is pretty matte. Personally i think it would help it not pop as much. but that is just me.

THANKS!

• 1 year later...
I have been trying to finish the dash for some time now. Finally that i have more time on my hands im almost done with it. I already get looks from other people as they drive past me, also other jeep owners trip out...

Hey, I have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee and it looks like you have the same set-up as i do. I want to buy the new AVIC-F700BT but i didnt know if it would fit. what did you do/buy besides the actual in-dash? I need lotsssss of help!!!!

Is the D3 smaller then the F-series?

• 1 month later...