AVIC411.com

running resistors to the 5v line and other lines with lesser voltage will solve those issues....

that is what im talking about, it isnt as simple as that, that is reckless and such suggestions will cause problems and even damage to someones system. If it was that simple why wouldnt the original power brick be just a resistor? instead of a heavy damn near the size of a console in of it self. Cuz its not that simple, lets let this thing go at this because someone is going to read the rubbish here and may even try it. We dont want to have to trouble shoot some problem this causes.

because they are converting from ac to dc in that brick....

if you leave it dc you dont need the brick.

simple as that... anyone who wants to install this system should use logic and accept that it will take more than a highschool education...

if you want a bandaid solution you convert all over the place with inverters out the ying yang... but if you want to do things properly (and logicly) you dont bother with the ac conversion in the unit itself.

to leave the brick is like pulling teeth to solve plaque...

just go into the unit and attack it at the problem...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For christ sake

you put a resistor on to drop the voltage? from what 12 volts? what happens when you start the car and its running at 13.8 or a bit more volts? better yet, what happens if it drops down to 11 volts? Can anyone say 'regulator' an important part within a power supply.

your flawed now shut the fuck up before someone actually tries what your saying.

dude enough already, your being silly and with less then 20 posts you aint making a name for yourself accept idiot. just stop now, thank you

i'm with 94explorer on this one. the xbox360 takes a TON of juice to make it work. like small microwave ton. close to 800 watts of AC watts. do the math, and you are looking at close to 70 amps of 12v dc power. continuous. all of the 360s i have installed to date have needed a 1000w power inverter, i have used a cobra cpi850 (i think that is the model number) on each one, with no problems. the smaller inverters will just introduse noise into the system or may not come on at all. 8)

i was not aware you cant buy regulating 12v DC computer 12V power supplys...

It blows me away that ignorance rules supreme in this forum no one wants to do things and think for themselves.

Just because you dont know how to do it doesnt mean it cant be done.

My xbox runs in my car without an AC inverter using simple logic that in two dc loops ac has no reason to exist.

But ok

ignorance will win as usual.

i was not aware you cant buy regulating 12v DC computer 12V power supplys...

where did you mention regulator in any other post in this thread? You said use a resistor on the 12 volt line, you are the ignorant one here with everyone telling you what the deal is. You suggest its as simple as putting a resistor on the 12 volt line, yet you do not address the voltage differences with the vehicle running, or during start, or even if the alternator spits out a spike.

You are dangerous and really should have your car and xbox taken from you.

It blows me away that ignorance rules supreme in this forum no one wants to do things and think for themselves.
That in of itself shows you havent even read jack shit here. YOUR the only ignorant one. So stfu now, before someone tries your idiotic suggestions and causes damage.