AVIC411.com

Gracenote CDDB Update Ver. 07-01-0020

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if this was posted before but for some reason I was not able to bypass the unit till I updated it two days ago with the gracenote patch released back in march. I didnt know that was supposed to affect the unit in any way. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks.

and what did you do to bypass the unit? Is it the 2 wire ground?

We know an update can change the bypass and it's absolutely easy for them to add a bypass update to this disk. But is this true?

Maybe Pioneer wants to get the bounty we started.

But seriously.... if this is a joke, it's not real funny. People read this stuff and take it as gospel. If this is a joke, please edit your posts, or I can. If it's real please tell people so. Otherwise all this is doing is generating confusion.

Just a little heads up on the GN update, make sure you've got a good 10 -15 minutes for this thing to do its stuff. So, just having the vehicle on without the engine on, might not be a good idea.

An interesting thing I found though, theres a text file in the update that refers to Z1 something or other. Not sure if its a huge deal, but I thought it was interesting to see that reference in software thats supposed to be for a z2. For those that dl'd the zip file, the z1 reference is in that .txt file thats part of the dl.

what about the built date. maybe mine is not bypassable. right? i have to check into it.

All build dates of the Z1 are bypassable, but to do it you need to know what the date is and if you have installed the bluetooth update cd. All instructions are here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

If you follow those instructions, all Z1's are bypassable and the bypass is VERY reliable.