AVIC411.com

iPod control options, CD-I200 performance

Hello All! This is my first post and I am looking for some input on the new ipod interface/options... any comments will be appreciated.

I am in the process of choosing a HU for my new car and the iPod interface is very important to me. I searched this forum and basically found out that the old interface (i100) is slow, slow, SLOW even with Z1. What I would like to know is how fast would the new (i200) interface work with the latest units like the D3. Is is somewhat faster but still slow or is it finally comparable with other options like Dice or iceLink? ( I am currently using the iceLink plus which has the direct access feature).

Also, I know D3 has the video button which puts the ipod in direct access mode, but what would happen if you try to select songs and just play music instead of video in this mode, would the Pioneer HU allow it? That would be great because this way there would always be an option to control ipod directly and use all functions (like new search feature).

Whould the same be possible with Z1 only using the AUX input while connected to the i100II interface?

Also, I know D3 has the video button which puts the ipod in direct access mode, but what would happen if you try to select songs and just play music instead of video in this mode, would the Pioneer HU allow it?

No! And the ipod interface for the D3 is great, almost like using the ipod itself.