AVIC411.com

"Insert app disc problem"

I've seen tons of posts on here about this "Please Insert Appropriate Disc" problem. However, no seems to have found resolution to it except for one person and he suggests burning copies of the nav discs. Another possibility discussed was the system is upgraded but it's reading older disc versions but my d3 is a new model, there shouldn't be older discs. Lastly, it's a laser pickup issue.

I just sent my Avic-d3 to Pioneer with problem above and they said they couldn't find a problem. I'm scared to get this POS back. This is the worst experience I've ever had.

Does anybody know the exact solution to this problem? Is it the discs, the laser?

PLEASE, I'M BEGGING FOR HELP!!!! THANKS AVIC MEMEBERS =)

i have found the problem. one night as i was about to go for a ride i cranked the truck and low and behold the avic pops up the please insert appropriate disk screen. after about 5 minutes of inserting and reinserting the disk my brother decided to take the avic out of the dash. it was still connected, but was only pulled out of the dash. i decided to get him to test something for me and he disconnected the gps antenna, reinserted the disk and it worked just fine.

we retested the avic, hooked the gps back up and turned it off and back on " please insert appropriate disk". inserted the disk and "please reinsert appropriate disk". we disconnected the gps once again inserted the disk and it worked fine.

once it was working we reconnected the gps and went to the diagnostics screen to see what the connection strength was. it said there was an error excessive vibrations. i don't know what that means but that was the problem, the gps is no longer connected. this took place just the other night and this was my first chance to post about it. if anyone knows what to do about this any info would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Its gps antenna, its not getting a good enough signal. What you have to do is before you turn on your car put your hand on the end of the gps antenna "on the magnetic box thing" its been working every time when i get that issue.. And yes you can also just unplugg your gps antenna but i like useing my gps :-):wink: