AVIC411.com

N3 Bypassed - Navigation issues?

I got a really good deal on a N3 and thanks to this site found lots of information on the bypass process but not alot of current discussion on any negative effects on navigation from flipping the swith and effectively turning off that feature on the radio. My installer thought there might be some issues. When I drove out of the installers parking lot it was lost but after a few miles or so everything appeared normal. Anybody have any issues after bypassing?

Thanks in advance!

I cannot tell the difference, but while browsing this forum someone suggested that to check the VSS connection go through settings/harware etc and drive around and if the numbers change the VSS is hooked up right. My numbers do not change, but I never checked it without the bypass switch flipped. I guess that means it's not hooked up right. I did have a video on one time and I tried to drive and I got a message that motion was detected and video was disabled but that was before the bypass. I just meant that by switching the bypass switch I assumed the VSS was dissabled but apparently thats not the case. Maybe it was never hooked up in the first place.

No it wasnt. The bypass on the N3 doesnt disable anything. The installer did not hook up the VSS wire properly. You should go back to make him do it, or ask for a partial refund for the install since he didnt do his job properly.

I've read alot of posts about the VSS wire making your position more accurate, but my positioning is dead on, even my speed is within 2 to 3 MPH What other features are affected by the connection of the VSS wire, I spoke to my installer and he said he'd do it if I wanted him to, what's the benefit?

When I did not have the VSS wire connected, everytime I made a left or right turn, the unit would lose me for a few seconds, and believe me, when driving around a round-about, it was no fun. Now with the VSS wire hooked up it is dead on, even with turns, going through tunnels etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went back to get the frick'en VSS wire connected cause it drove me crazy that everybody insisted it was better and

nothing...

no different.

Yeah I get a couple other options on the vehicle dynamics screens and a some beeps in the setup screen for speed pulses but the accuracy and stuff is exactly the same so far.

Maybe I wasn't clear, My positioning and speed etc is right on and was right on before I had the VSS wire hooked up. I read a bunch of posts of the forum insisting the install of my N3 was incomplete without the VSS connection. I couldn't stand it anymore so I took it back and even though the installer thought it was a waste of time he hooked it up. I just can't see any difference. So my "2 cents" is the VSS wire is not necessary. Perhaps it's my location(CHICAGOLAND) but at least my installation is complete. Now if I can only get one of the custom wallpapers to load I'll be good to go, but thats a post for a different section.

Thanks for the attempted help.

Thanks for the attempted help?? No, thank YOU for the unwarranted sarcasm. We all tried to help. All I have left to say is that if you are too fucking stupid to realize how to load custom backgrounds on your N3, then you are definitely too fucking stupid to realize what the difference is between having the VSS hooked up or not. Do yourself a favor and just fucking leave.

I was not trying to be smart asswipe. I was simply stating that every problem is not related to the fricken VSS wire as many of you suggest. I have spent alot of time reading posts from this forum and have learned alot but jerks like you are reasons there are moderators and I hope one of them has the stones to ban your sorry ass.

Thanks to the rest of you for your comments.

Hey Ms Fit, 1000+ posts doesn't make you smart it makes you a no-life geek. I use forums for information not as a hobby. Why the hostility? If it weren't for people like me with unanswered questions, you'd have nothing to talk about. I asked a question and got several OPINIONS...thats it. I found the source and I used the information I needed. Some of the information IN MY OPINION is unreliable and I pointed it out. I didn't force you to read the post or reply but if thats all you do....I understand why you couldn't resist. Now I'll go solve world hunger by hooking up my VSS Wire. :D

I think the gps positioning, the vss and the reverse all make it pretty acurate, but it's only going to be as acurate as the maps are.

For some reason, this one street near my house is the only one I have found to have a problem...I turn on the street but it still thinks theres another 50 or so feet before I turn. You can't expect these devices to be 100% flawless.

Good luck on world hunger!