AVIC411.com

Ideas for theft Deterrence?

I just installed an Avic-d3 into my honda and im a bit worried. A month ago I left my car in front of my apartment complex while on vacation and when i returned I found my door locks on my car completely destroyed. The unit that was in there at the time was a regular jvc system, nothing too fancy. Im not sure what kind of idiot this guy was but he ruined both my car locks and also tried to open my doors through the window (minor scratches at lock level). Appox 500 dollars worth of damage. The guy never broke in successfully. I installed a car alarm with a scanner led a week later but now my car looks like a light show. Im not sure if the lights will help discourage or just attract more attention. Now that i have my avic in the car I always put up my sunshield. With the light covered from the front window, the tint makes the interior very very hard to see (at night impossible without flashlight). I am hoping if no one can see whats inside there wont be any smash and grab. Im thinking about something that will just cover the front dash, some sort of cover or something. (maybe ill just use a full car cover if i leave for vacation again - LOL ) Anyone have ideas on something that will hide the fact that i have the avic instead of security alarms and such. Ideas anyone?