AVIC411.com

HELP NEEDED: AVIC-80DVD, 88DVD, 9DVD, 90DVD upgrade discs

I need the touchscreen upgrade disc(s) for my AVIC-9DVD. If you have an 80,88,9, or 90DVD that works with a touchscreen HU, then you have what I need.

Any method of delivery is fine:

- You can make an ISO image, RAR it, and then make a torrent available and can seed it till I get it.

- Make a copy of it for me.

- Send it to me so I can make a copy.

I will gladly pay for your time.

Thanks.

Yeah, I thought my D1 discs should work too, but they say something like "Insert correct disc". I actually have 2 sets, 1.0 and 1.2.

I could try the CNDV-21, but the strange thing is that it doesn't say the CNDV-21 is a prerequisite to the CNDV-50MTP. I almost wonder if what I have to do is go into the service menu and force an upgrade. I would try that except I don't have the remote. :(

I think that you do need the CNDV-21 as a pre-req. If you didn't then I don't see why would Pioneer sell it? As a gimmick to make money? I doubt it. It's only required for the avic9 and 90. the avic-80 and 88 came out onto the market for touch panel displays... so I'm sure they had preloaded touchscreen software that the 9 and 90's didnt have.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just thought I would update this thread.

I got CNDV-70MTP from PaisanNYC and it upgraded my AVIC-9DVD and works fine. CNDV-21 is not a pre-req, at least not for CNDV-70MTP.

I was wondering what LCD you have your AVIC9 connected to. Is it a Pioneer touchscreen? Mine is not (I have the Pioneer AVX-7000), and I fear that the CNDV-70MTP update won't work for me (like the instructions say).

Haha, I'm afraid to try, as I think it might mess up my AVIC9.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

:)

Yeah, I have an AVH-P6800DVD which is touchscreen.

I don't think it will work without a touchscreen. I did try the remote on it and it works and I can get into the setup menu, but nothing I tried would let me select a sub-menu within the main menu. I could also zoom in and out using the zoom control, but I couldn't select any of the other options that pop up on the screen like for POI searching and such. When I clicked the NAVI button, it pops up the select screen for map, 3D view, or gauges, but I couldn't actually choose a different one.

The 60 and 70 series disks wont work with your screen

I was wondering what LCD you have your AVIC9 connected to. Is it a Pioneer touchscreen? Mine is not (I have the Pioneer AVX-7000), and I fear that the CNDV-70MTP update won't work for me (like the instructions say).

Haha, I'm afraid to try, as I think it might mess up my AVIC9.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

:)