AVIC411.com

VSS Wire For 2007 GMC Sierra (new body style)

I've checked the listing and searched else where so it's time for me to ask here. Where can I find the VSS wire for my new body style 2007 Sierra HD? I believe the body control module (BCM) is located inside the dash on the driver's side. If that is the case, I just need to know which wire it is.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm that the VSS on the NEW BODY STYLE GMC sierras etc, are still at the cluster? Pin and wire color would be great, I bought a new Sierra and have to move my install over from my '05 sierra.

I already read the post about the install kit, etc.. Thanks!

Any info would be great, as always!

GM has done a WONDERFUL :lol: job of databussing EVERYTHING :evil: on the new trucks. the only speed pulse in the truck runs between the transmision and the ECM, and yes it is yellow/black. be careful, it is not the only yellow/black wire in that harness (i've seen 3, could be more). from there, the ECM sends a digital signal to the BCM inside the truck to tell the gauge cluster, factory radio, on-star and even the A/C controls how fast you are moving. there has got to be an easier way......

there is. depending on what factory system was installed in your truck there may what they call a LANBUS adapter that will give you speed pulse. i have had great sucsess with the metra version for the non premium bose system. careful though, they have 5 different systems available for this truck, so check with a REPUTABLE shop for any more info.

Just ordered metra's GMOS-LAN-01 for non-bose WITH onstar. Could it be that I can tap something in the dash or at the factory harness? Not too happy about doing another install, as the last one took me 1 day, but 2 days worth of prep and wire tracing.

Also I ordered the schosche 142GM1598B and the antenna adapt blah blah..

I wanted to know if anyone has or knows of an adapter to utilize the factory steering wheel controls for the Z1.

THanks agaiN!!!

the steering wheel control wire is green at the steering column. you will know it is the right wire by checking it with a digital multi meter (no test light or computer safe light will work) and you should see 12v on the wire with ign on, and the value will change to a different value for each change of each button (like 8.5 for vol up, 7.2 vol down, 3.5 track up, etc...)

i don't think the module for your truck has speed pulse, but check the instructions. it might.

there is. depending on what factory system was installed in your truck there may what they call a LANBUS adapter that will give you speed pulse. i have had great sucsess with the metra version for the non premium bose system. careful though, they have 5 different systems available for this truck, so check with a REPUTABLE shop for any more info.

Well, I have the non-bose cd player option, probably the standard level. Does the metra pass that wire through? because the only options are either BOSE or NON-BOSE harness choices from all of the mfr's that I looked at.

The Peripheral PESWIPS works well.

Gonna pick up the PESWIPS tomorrow. If I'm gonna install this thing for a second time, I'm gonna get some new toys outta this the second time 8)

What else can I do? I have XM, bkup cam, BT adapt, now the factory steering (hope it works), I want to add a changer eventually.

ALso picking up GMAHLAN. This comes with a relay to simulate the TURN SIGNAL clicking.

Jesus, soon the factory radio is going to make the engine noise for you, and you're gonna Barney Rubble to work, and we'll like it too, because we're good consumers.

Come on anyone else have info on installing the Z1 / Z2 into a NEW style GMC LARGE truck sierra/tahoe/giant monster of a truck?? Post it here! THanks!

ALso picking up GMAHLAN. This comes with a relay to simulate the TURN SIGNAL clicking.

This isn't correct. It has a chime that will sound if you leave the turn signal on too long. If the relay on the GMAHLAN starts clicking, then you are pulling to much current from the RAP/Acc wire and the radio will not power up.

This isn't correct. It has a chime that will sound if you leave the turn signal on too long. If the relay on the GMAHLAN starts clicking, then you are pulling to much current from the RAP/Acc wire and the radio will not power up.

So - then the question is: Why would they make a harness with a relay built in, and why does crutchfield, in their notes, explain that you need a relay to keep turn signal click.

I know companies produce shitty things every day, but come on, these trucks have been out for over a year, and you figure that if it was an issue, they'd yank the GMAHLAN or redesign it.

But I'm not an EE. Does the Z1 pull too much current on the acc wire for a relay to work?

Ok - so I found the VSS. :o It very well might be at the ECM, but it's not yellow/black.

It is DEFINITELY under the dash, driver's side to the left of the steering column, in the large black interface. You have to squeeze the two clips at the top, and pull forward and up to take it off the bracket. THEN, carefully spin it around, and you should see the same as what's in the attached image. I just took off a little tape from the bundle leading to the right side of that module, and the wire that is green with white tracer will be right there. Enough room to strip back a little insulation and solder splice that baby up.

Take a look at the file. I don't know if this applies to any GM/GMC lux trucks, but I know it works for my Sierra and probably the other 07 trucks with the same body style upgrades. But if you have an '07 GM/GMC with the new body style, I'll bet that wire is in the same exact place I found it.

Dunno if that wire was in my '05 in the same spot, but I used the green (definitely) pin #4 (I think) wire at the cluster for that job. Well, there it is. YAY!

Thanks for the help too! :D

post-1344-12872752861174_thumb.jpg