AVIC411.com

<SOLVED> GEX-P10XMT & AVIC Z-2 - New install havin

Hey guys... hope you can help or at least provide ideas.

Just got my new Z2 and Navtraffic unit installed. The updating has completed. I can see the word 'traffic' in the upper righthand corner. I can see all the artists names and song titles on every channel on the XM radio. However, I can only hear audio consistantly through the Preview Channel (001). When I turn on the Z2 I get audio on the other channels only for a few minutes and then nothing. Just the artist and song information. Yet, I can surf back to 001 and that channel works fine. XM 150 (the comedy channel) has this pulsing static and in between the pulses you can hear the comedians. The traffic band sounds like a cell phone losing its signal. I can see the Navtraffic updates on my map.

XM has refreshed the signal a dozen times and even deactivated/reactivated the box. Now they're clueless where to go from here.

Any ideas?

Well, I guess this one just baffled all of you as I didnt get any response. I sent the unit to Pioneer who claims they have about a 10 day turnaround. Both XM and Pioneer couldnt figure out any ideas and neither had heard of the symptom before. I find it hard to believe I'm the first that this had happened too. Hmmm.

• 3 months later...