AVIC411.com

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys,
i have a question . i have the d3 and used my bro-in-laws ipod. it worked perfectly as soon as i plugged it in. we then tried a movie that he had on there, first the screen showed something about using ipod to control video or something about that, which i already knew from reading on this site. after messing with the settings, we got the screen to show movie. the problem however is i cant get the screen to go back to te ipod interface. when we turned off the movie that black screen stating about controlling video directly through ipod is still showing. i even disconnected and reconnected the ipod and as soon as i select ipod in the av menu, it goes to the black screen. anyone know how to get back to the interface screen and also how to prevent this in the future, as i am real close on grabbing an ipod.
[quote name="gregbj33"]hey guys,
i have a question . i have the d3 and used my bro-in-laws ipod. it worked perfectly as soon as i plugged it in. we then tried a movie that he had on there, first the screen showed something about using ipod to control video or something about that, which i already knew from reading on this site. after messing with the settings, we got the screen to show movie. the problem however is i cant get the screen to go back to te ipod interface. when we turned off the movie that black screen stating about controlling video directly through ipod is still showing. i even disconnected and reconnected the ipod and as soon as i select ipod in the av menu, it goes to the black screen. anyone know how to get back to the interface screen and also how to prevent this in the future, as i am real close on grabbing an ipod.[/quote]

Touch the screen and the answer shall be revealled. :D
Yeah, that can be a little scary until you get to know your system. When you touch the video button to watch iPod video, the D3 basically "hides" everything so you have a clear view of the video. To go back, just touch the screen and touch the "music" button to return to the click-wheel display.

Whenever in doubt with the D3, just touch the screen or hit menu. There's generally several options to choose at all times.

Have fun. I'm a huge advocate of using an iPod video with this system.